Guys, Ex has a new girlfriend but is wanting to sleep with me, why?

My ex/ father of 4 kids broke up about 2 months ago. We were having financial problems and I more or less accidently pushed him away. He started dating a coworker about 2 weeks after the split. He moved in with her and after dating about a month called me to tell me he was engaged. That was on a wed and the Monday before that he come to pick up our kids and started making passes at me. He said we had been best friends for 8 years and he wanted to continue being friends. He gave me a kiss and a very deep hug, If that makes sense. Long story short, I slept with him twice after they got engaged. Please don't judge me. I know that it was wrong. I called him to tell him we couldn't do it anymore and we both agreed to stop. A little over a week of me not really contacting him, he started making passes again. He ended up randomly coming over after me not talking to him for about a week and started flirting. He said he had just left work and didn't even tell his fiance where he was going. We ended up doing it again. This time it was a little different. The other times it was just sex and this time he actually kissed me. I'm just wondering from a guys point of view, what in the heck is going on? All of this has happened literally in the past 2 months. It started out him not wanting nothing to do with me and now this. It's all so confusing to me. Again, please don't judge me. I know what I did was wrong. Ito easy saying I'm not gonna do it but telling him no when he's in front of me isn't easy at all.
8