Should I break up with my girlfriend because we disagree on politics?

I'm right and she's left. We try to avoid talking about it but it inevitably comes up. There is a lot of tension. what should I do?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• It's tough... You'll both have to agree to disagree and be okay with knowing every election your votes may cancel each other out. Is that something you both can do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It shouldn't affect your relationship at all, I think it's kinda good to be debating on issues and politics in a way but not too much to where you start arguing. I know a friend who was with some girl that was Mormon and they got along just fine.

I know you said politics comes up but just tell her directly that you don't like to talk about politics. she probably would understand

What Girls Said 1

• agree to disagree. political viewpoints shouldn't matter as much as the love between you

What Guys Said 3

• My people have been married for like 30 years and they just don't vote together or watch news. They don't even talk about who they vote for

• I've tried dating Left-Leaning girls. It never works out, they're like robots. Right-Leaning women are infinitely superior in every way. Lefties are not Wifeys.

• Jeremy Corbyn let's go!