Do I keep putting myself out there even though now I know i'm not over my ex?

I've tried dating and in the moment, i've forgotten about my ex but when it doesn't work out. I go right back to thinking about him and wanting to be with him. Do I keep going on dates just to distract myself and try to find someone that can make me completely forget about him or should i be alone and being honest with myself will try to contact my ex at least once every two weeks

It's been three years since our relationship officially ended

24

Most Helpful Guy

• You have attract those whom you wanna be with. Since a relationship is 5050, its only fair that you get a guy that fits your needs and wants as well. Dating random guys hoping itll be fine cause you have something in common will not always work out.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to focus on yourself for the time being. It may suck right now, but in the end it will be worth it.

• I know! and i was almost over him but i'm right back where i started

• Trust me, I'm in the same situation. But just continue to focus on yourself and the right guy will come along and make you see that you are better off without your ex.

What Guys Said 3

• You really just need to give yourself time to get over your ex. You will always have mixed feelings for a while after.

• It's been three years, i've tried being alone and it doesn't work. It makes me want to go back to him more :/

• If it was a serious relationship then its understandable you would still have feelings for him. It might just be the case that you haven't fallen for anyone as much as you had fallen for him. It's okay not to rush relationships with people.

• That really depends on you. I'd say try it our, but if it's interfering with dating too much wait for a bit.

• I have tried dating and it went well until it didn't work out and all i wanted to do was go back to him

• Then don't​ date for a little while. Try keeping busy though. If you have to much free time your mind is left to wander to him.

• Just wait a while eat as much as you want and just t ake a month off

• I've tried that. No sex, no men with food. Unfortunately it didn't work

• Um try an anonymous date it will help you not feel you're in a relationship but not exactly either

What Girls Said 1

• I'd wait because you won't be open to meeting someone new even if you want to be and the most perfect guy could be in front of you and you would blow him off