Is he a narcissist?

First 3 months of the relationship felt like cloud 9 and thereafter it went downhill and we are no longer together. He would check out other women in front of me - not the normal glance that men might do, but we are talking staring at every chance possible and even turning around to see what the girl's behind looks like. I found arguments coming in every day and he called me hurtful names. Expressing how I felt to him - he would respond with "you're oversensitive." He moved very quickly and was asking me to marry him just 2 months in. Most times when I would message him, he said I wouldn't let him breathe even though we saw each other once every 3-4 weeks. Any time things would go wrong between us, he would want a break. He wanted me to become more modest with my clothing but when we were on a break I saw that he liked a picture of a random, non celebrity girl who was wearing next to nothing which I thought was very hypocritical. He humiliated me in front of his family over something we didn't agree on. I in the end exploded and in anger, exposed a secret of his to his father (very wrong of me, which I now realise). But my question is that is this narcissist behaviour? I feel like it was emotional abuse, I was not happy during the time I was with him when he had revealed his true colours. I'm moving forward now but I feel as though I did him wrong?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Women, even if they are mad at the guy, will always think deep down "why wasn't I good enough to keep him"(Dante Nero). This relationship was a disaster and your thought process is normal.

Here is why you should with about these half dressed girls on IG. They are just a salope (English didn't have a word that properly describes them). Men who partake in hiring prostitutes don't necessarily want to date a prostitute. He is literally just looking at the girls it doesn't mean he wants to date them.

I would personally not date one of those girls who has an IG that is full of just them in a thong and bra. I'm the majority when it comes to that too.

Most Helpful Girl

• You didn't do him wrong.

People like that make you feel guilty about something they caused and then make themselves out to be the good person

You then sit there, replay the situation and think yeah, he really didn't deserve that what a horrible person I am

But that's just them playing mind games and manipulating you

What Guys Said 1

• You can actually try finding a free copy of the DSM 5 online, to check out narcissistic criteria. But I was thinking more abusive personality (psychological, emotional). Some of the things you described were very cruel on his part. Being a guy, I can tell you the only point of those things were to hurt you, not to better yourself or the relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• You were absolutely right to dump him. He was a horrible, horrible human being! What secret of his, did you tell his dad?