PLEASE HELP: My ex boyfriend (25) offered to call me sometimes. Can I take this as sign for reconciliation?

I broke up with my boyfriend about a week ago. It was due to some very complicated reasons. We haven't talked since the break up, but 5 days later, he messaged me a job hiring post (I've been job hunting for awhile). I casually thanked him and he didn't reply. 4 days later, I messaged him asking how he was and how's things going. He replied immediately. He told me all the problems he's still facing (his dad recently just got half-paralyzed, his mother's asthma is getting worse, and his company is close to hitting the ground). He told me that he's crying everyday, always drinking before he sleeps so he feels numb. Everything is downhill in his life. I asked him what his plan is, and told me he might be grabbing the opportunity to work in London, so he might not be here next year anymore.

He has also asked me how I was, and and my job hunting and also offered to keep helping me find a job. He was glad that I was okay. I said thanks and that I'd be glad to help him with anything as well. He jokingly asked me if I can help him with emotional problems, and I said how can I help him. He thanked me and said I'm already helping him and he would call me sometimes. I replied sure, and he didn't reply anymore.

I can say that he doesn't despise me but he isn't opening about reconciliation. What does this mean? What should I do at this point?
3
0