What to do when your boyfriend doesn't stand up to his sister for you?

I have been dating my boyfriend for several years now and he has the hardest time standing up, even if he believes I am right. His sister has said and done several things in the past including telling my boyfriend I am a compulsive liar, telling him I am crazy, and has told him to straight up break up with me. She scopes out opportunities to make me seem like I am awful to his entire family and it has gotten to the point where his parents are beginning to believe her. Every time I mention she is destroying my relationship with the rest of his family, he plays devils advocate for her and tries to make me see it from her point of view instead of speaking to her directly. At a certain point you feel as if you are the crazy one, however, multiple people have told me they have had bad situations with her and they are no longer friends with her because of her behavior. (And I know what you're thinking, I must have asked them all to tell me she's crazy! But on the contrary, as soon as they hear who I am with they immediately have what to respond about his sister). I am at a loss here and do not know what to do next. Should I end it with him after all of this time, or should I stick it out regardless of how his family feels about me?

02

What Guys Said 2

• Reconsider your other options.

• end it. regardless if you really like him or not. if you get serious with him, they'll be your family too and you're stuck with them criticizing you forever

• I'm not sure I'm ready to end it

What Girls Said 0