Why do guys always go for my friends?

I am 5'9 girl slim built but on the thicker side and I'm currently in grade 10. Ever since I've just started grade 10 I've been self conscious with myself. I have a gap in my front teeth and that took me long to learn and love it. Soon I'm getting braces but it don't matter to me if it's there or not. My friends tell me I have nice features but I don't see it cuz no one else compliments me even the girls. Two of my friends are short and have been getting guys since junior high till now. One of my other friends is tall but an inch smaller than me, since high school started, many guys have been hitting on her. Guys in my school aren't attracted to black girls, like my self, although I see so many beautiful black girls who come to school looking like goddesses. But some are in relationships. They say that guys won't approach you if you're are shy, but I'm the complete opposite from that. I've always wanted a close guy friend but all they do is talk about how they like my friends, which is cute but then they stop talking to me after a while. My self esteem went downhill I don't wear makeup but I did shape my eyebrows recently for the first time in 15 years, and I still don't feel beautiful. I am a very sociable person but sometimes when I talk to others I always think about what they think of my appearance. I get anxiety but I don't show it. It's also hard for me to show my emotions since I'm so bubbly. I always tell myself that if I were a guy, I would totally go for myself because I'm a very fun person to be around with. But what is wrong with me?
Why do guys always go for my friends?
Add Opinion