What would you do if you realised she was going to be 'the one that got away'?

Been pining over the mistake of ending an on-off relationship about 4 months ago.
I haven't stopped thinking about it and I saw her last week and I'm convinced she's going to be the one that got away.

I hear she's seeing someone new though.
Sappy, typical, I know.

• Respect her new relationship and stop bringing pain.
  • Go for it.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really feel strongly about it, let her know how you feel. But if she asks you to respect her current relationship, listen to her.

Most Helpful Guy

• when I was your age I dated a girl for 3 years - she was the one that got away... i spiraled into a pretty dark place (not suicidal or anything dumb, just very wreckless) for a very long time... pretty much until I met my fiancee. the downside to aiming high I guess!

What Girls Said 3

• I think you should try to get her back. If you can't stop thinking about her maybe she feels the same and the guy is just a rebound

• I would try go for it again

• You're a kid. There are so many amazing people you will meet.

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing. I don't believe in love so this wouldn't happen to me.

• I didn't either buddy, sometimes someone just takes your beliefs and smashes them into little bits. And sometimes it isn't so bad

• cheers bro, even if it doesn't work with her, love's worth a chance is all I'm saying 😉

• Yeah I understand. Cheers brother.

• Go for it.