Should I follow my heart or my head?

So this girl I got to know over the last semester of senior year, through being friends on MySpace(no actual conversation though), has seemed to give off signs of interest. I've noticed her looking at me and other subtle things like that, but I don't know if I'm just seeing what I want to see. She is kind of shy, but really nice. And since I never had a class with her, I never really got a chance to approach her and start a conversation. We met briefly in junior high but I never thought about her or got a chance to get to know her until this year. And when she deleted her MySpace before I got a chance to say hi, I didn't know what to do. So now after graduating I've found her on Facebook, and she is away for the summer. I don't know if I should try talking to her or to just to realize that I am over analyzing her behavior and that I've lost my chance. There were a couple times where I could have approached her, but I chickened out because I didn't know her very well then. I've been through this kind of thing before, were the girl was looking at me and showing signs of interest but then it turned out that she was just messing with my head and had a boyfriend. And even though this new girl is very different and single, I'm afraid of going through the same thing again. So basically my heart(and instincts) says "go for it!", but my head says "no, you've lost your chance". Girls, what are your thoughts? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

72

Most Helpful Girl

• go for it! always follow your heart.if you believe you can start something with her then you should at least try.i know what happened before probably is enough make you want to shut all girls out. but if you realllyyy like her and still aren't sure about your other feelings then become friends and get to know he to make sure it won't happen again. kinda like just checking out her personality. then be straight out with her and be honest about what happened and make sure she knows you don't want it to happen again. and don't be afraid to flirt but not so much that she thinks your a player. hope this helped!

What Girls Said 6

• Well I understand how you feel. Been there done that. I think that sending her a FB request is a good idea. It's just a casual hi. Most probably she will accept your friend request. When she does, maybe you can slowly start chatting with her in FB. See how things go. Good Luck!

• I added her already and in the friend request I said "Hey, I've been meaning to say hi to you." I just don't really know what to do next.

• Just start with a casual chat. You can ask how she been lately, what she doing at the moment...stuff like that, I'm sure you get the idea.

• Go with your heart... what's the worst than can happen? It better to regret something you've done than something you haven't. The girl could really like you but you'll never know unless you go for it! Hope this helps!

• Try talking to her. Get her number and text her or something. Don't over analyze the looking thing, for instance, I can look at guys I don't find attractive just because something about them draws my eye. But try talking to her, tell her she's cute and see how she reacts, if she doesn't react in a good way then you know she's not interested. Hope this helps :)

• I would say go for it. There were so many different times where a guy like me and never made a move ever... And I felt really bad, like I did something wrong. but I got over it soooo yeah. But back to you. You should seriously start to become friends with her but not too good of friends that that is all she will think of you as. You want her to feel comfy with you but not too comfortable. You never know if she ever had a thing for you, but it's never too late to find out! GO FOR IT!

• If the girl was me I'd really want you to make a move. :)
    Be prepared for heartbreak, but be confident.

It's never too late.

• You should walk up to her and say hi. The worse that could happen is that she doesn't seem as interested, but it'll be no biggie since you won't be seeing her much...it'd be more embarassing/damaging on your pride if you guys had the same circle of friends, or even worked together; just stop overanalyzing everything and try talking to her.

Remember, there are a lot of girls out there, so don't waste your time if she doesn't respond :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah I say go for it. You never know if she was interested in you because you were nervous. I say just try contacting her and see what she does. Best of luck.

• Short answer:

Yes absolutely follow your heart... but BE CAREFUL!

I learned the hard way... Not fun :(