Why is my ex doing this?

we've been split since oct. minimal contact. A few weeks ago i asked him if he could retrieve photos i had stored on his computer and send them to me on a usb drive and he said he would. i happen to see him a week later 1st time in a long time. we chatted and it was great. i asked if he had sent it and he said yes a week earlier. a few days later i call him to see if could maybe resend or give me in person. but it went to VM. i thought i had been blocked. i hung up and realised i can leave a message at least. i did and then he angerly texts me saying to calm down and that he's on a work call (how would i know, its 9pm ). we exchange some not so nice texts back and forth for which i later apologize for. but now he refuses to give me my photos and other stuff at his house. those photos are extremely important due to family issues that have gone on since they were taken. but why can't he just man up and just talk to me? he told me he loved me the last time we spoke, he said he is open to working us out just not yet. he's not dating. but why can't he do this one thing? i left him alone for 6+ months... no contact nothing. i call 2 times and he goes off.
Why is my ex doing this?
Add Opinion