Can he be just not that into me only sometimes?

I've been with a guy for 5 years. Most of the time is an awesome relationship and I could never imagine anything better. But every 6 months to a year he gets into a funk. He suddenly doesn't want to see me very often, and generally starts acting like I guy that I never would have given 5 weeks to, let alone 5 years. A couple of times this has lead to a break up, after which he comes crawling back saying that he's such an idiot and I'm the best thing that ever happened to him, and then our relationship is even stronger than ever. We've tried talking about it, and he knows he does this, but doesn't know why. He recently fell into this funk again and we both decided that maybe we aren't going to work after all. The thing is, I don't know what to do if he comes back again. When things are good, which is the majority of the time, I'm so immensely happy and so in love, and I'm honestly very skeptical that I will ever find someone to measure up to his Dr. Jekyll side. Is it possible for him to only sometimes be just not that into me? How can I fix this pattern? Or should I just give up and move on?

11

What Guys Said 1

• at your age you should give up and move on...people should be all grown up by that time and if you think that his actions are okay dating, imagine the predicament when you're married

• 100% right I agree with Tri! Sweetie you need to understand that love is a two way street. I belive if I love someone I sure would like to spent all my time with them and not hurt them. Move On!! There is someone out there ready to give you back all that love you're givivng. ;)

What Girls Said 1

• You can't fix anyone. I would give up and move on. I was with a guy that played this little game too, and come to find out, that is what he was...a player. You deserve better than this. Even though we all have some bad days, but please please move on.