A guy sometimes responds to a text in 1 min and othertimes over an hour?

Lets say the guy didn't respond to the text till an hour later. Do I wait an hour to respond back? or is like 20-30min good enough?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I don't treat texts the way I would, say, instant messaging. It's more like an e-mail to me. I write back when I receive it. If I'm just sitting at my computer, I'll respond when I get a notice of a new e-mail, but if I get busy doing something else, I won't respond until I check it again. In the same way, I respond back and forth to texts if I'm not busy, but I don't tell the person, "I gotta go now" if I start doing something else... I just text when I get another chance.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm guessing he responds fast or not depending on if he's busy at the moment or not?

Just respond whenever you want.

What Girls Said 2

• just respond when you get it, he was probably busy, its not like he purposly sits there for an hour to wait to text you back lol. I was like that too, like I used to respond the same time range that he would respond, but now I don't care, its just a text ya know? don't over think it too much lol

• sometimes he's busy and sometimes he's just chilling. don't get into that game where you have to take the same amount of time as he did to text back. just text him back right away if you're able to