I'm broken hearted right now. help me through?

need ideas to get over initial pain. usually , i know how to deal with anything but for some reason I forgot how. what do you do to deal with the pain?

824

Most Helpful Guy

• I think first of all hide all their stuff on social media (dont block them thats just stupid and childish), chuck out any pics/items that you have strong memories/remind you of the person, if they gave you something valuable sell. Delete all the tracks that you used to listen to together and dont go to the places that you used to visit with the person.

Now you have gotten rid of the triggers its time to get rid of the feeling inside you:
    dont just sit on the sofa feeling sorry for yourself and eating ice cream like they do in shitty teen movies, push yourself to the very edge doing sport/workouts to distract yourself when its hurting the most and it will tire you out so you can sleep better, when you put your body under extreme pressure it just kicks into survival mode and pushes away all the irrelevant stuff, also it releases endorphins which should make you feel better and relax.
    Go meet up with mates and maybe even go out and get with new people, the best way to get over someone is to get with new people, show yourself you can do better and that "THAT AMAZING PERSON" was not the only person you can fall in love with on the planet, yea it might seem stupid to try and replace them and yea the first few weeks you are probably gonna think yea but they aren't as good as the person I was with, but at least it will show you that you can get with other people and take your mind off your ex also it should make it less likely that you start texting them.

• Also remember there is probably 1000 people just like that person out there who might be even better, for fucks sake see this as your chance to finally get out there again and meet the person who is like the last person you were with minus all the things you didn't like about them. The last person might have been amazing but who knows there might be someone even better around the corner, GO AND FIND THEM!!! ;)

• thanks! got to work now... just wish I got sleep

• Workout out loads tonight and p sure you will

Most Helpful Girl

• I know the feels. I am about 4 months post breakup. Initially I allowed myself to cry and be depressed. It is important to grieve. Keep yourself as busy as possible. This is the secret. Plan your day in advance. Force yourself to get out of the house and meet friends for dinner. Exhaust yourself so that by the time you have to sleep you are so tired. Start planning goals too. Pick short term goals to work on.

• thanks. I cry but no tears come out. I can't even have a good cry for some reason.

What Guys Said 23

• Time is the only healer during recovery from heartbreak. All you can do is think strong, try your best not to shut people out and focus on what is currently important. But honestly, time is the only healer with heartbreak. You will get through this. Be patient. I know how much it hurts..

• Do things that give you pleasure... take a trip to a favourite getaway, or throw yourself into a project that you enjoy devoting yourself to.

And there's always GaG as a distraction!

• You are safe , your life is safe , that is a great blessing. Take time and breathe. Eat well , sleep well and just stay relaxed. Love failure does not defeat you or your dreams. It's time to take a U turn and start rebuilding your life with a new partner. But you don't have to start planning things immediately. So just take your time and just stay healthy. Health is wealth. And that includes mental health too.

• Step 1-Stop blaming yourself
    Step 2- See the bullet you dodged. If this was one of those forever things that's a lot of pain for a longer time
    Step 3- Even if this was your fault one should be willing to make adjustments in a relationship. If it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't.
    Step 4- Think of all the good times as just good times. they are good memories.
    Step 5- See how much you can accomplish solo. That way you can evaluate why you want a partner in the first place. Setting expectations is important.

• Two ways. Either embrace it (crying, depression, etc. - quick and painful) or you suppress it (distractions, hobbies, work) and work through it for a much longer period. I personally prefer the second type, but everyone finds their own way.

• Get outside and enjoy nature.

• Avoid anything that reminds you of him. Even if it takes a trip abroad. Meet a new guy/friend to keep your emotions busy. don't stay alone 😊

• I stop listening to the playlists, stopped looking at their posts, never contacted them, changed my routine to avoid reminders - stopped everything. And it was still horrible. But over time that became a habit.
    BUT: on the anniversary of the day we met, I park there at that spot and play "our" playlist. And cry just a bit. Then everything gets put back away. Until next year, I suppose.

• Oh, and talk to someone. Pretty much everyone has been through this. If you start to worry that your friends are getting tired of hearing about it, call the Samaritans. They're not religious, they won't assume (but will ask) if you're suicidal, they just listen. Helped me so much.
      Oh, and those Five Stages of Grief you've probably heard about? They don't run in order - they bounce all around - and sometimes you'll experience all of them simultaneously. That'll pass.

• Think of all that's going good in your life right now. Be grateful for the small things of life. Listening to fun music also helps.

• 1) Find a Hobby to take you mind off of things.

2) Go for a daily walk and enjoy your surroundings and realize the amazing things around you.

• I'm here for you girl

• Im heart broken too right now. Just try not to look any of his mysories, facebook, instagram etc. and watch American pie or something funny. Whatever you do, don't send him any messages and ignore if he's trying to be your friend.

• a break up pain.. talking though it, watching happy stuff friends and time

• I just watch some Disney movies 😅😅😅

• im going through that right now some days are better than others but its hard try surrounding yourself with positive people

• I usually just watch videos. Good Lord though, you're buff as hell! 😱

• who the hell would break up with u? 😅🤔

• Go for a long drive with a close friend

• Lower you standard and give average guy a chance.

And flex your sexy muscles

• why and how

• just focus on your daily life, hang with your friend, and try not to think about it

• what do you do if you can't sleep and it's now 4am... have to b at work in an hour

• you are welcome, I hope it helps you too

• Indulge urself doing something productive. Do things which u always wanted to do.

• yeah, I've been indulging lately. seems to be helping except for occasionally crying unexpectedly.

• yeah this things keep happening... same happen with me.. even I m trying to come out this situation.. !!

• sorry to hear. I feel your pain.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• Let it all out in the beginning, try to find something to do or hang out with friends to get distracted after that. Not the best method but at least the only one that works for me.

• First of all, I admire your fitness. You obviously know how good exercise is for moods. You might listen to music or watch a movie of the genre that you prefer.

• Go watch funny youtube videos

• sorry to hear about that.. only time will help tho

• i either workout, paint, or talk to someone new

• I started working out every day when we broke up

• yes, I do that already and yes it does help during the day. however at night, the pain comes back

• Very true. Working out makes me feel really motivated. It's a great start to the day and keeps me in a good mood for a while. But yes, then there's the night.. Painful indeed

• Allow yourself time to heal. Get enough rest.