I told my ex not to contact me, but he just did...?

My ex and I only went out for a few months. It just fell apart after we went back and forth for a while. Then we were friends, but I still liked him. So, I took a shot and told him how I felt. He shot me down and I told him I didn't want to be friends and that he couldn't call me or anything.

So a month later, he texts me and asks if enough time had gone by and we could be friends again. I debated between not answering and asking pointless questions, but I ended up on just saying that we were cool. Then he said something about how he figured after a month we were hopefully good again. I didn't answer.

So now I don't really know if he meant that or what. I have a few theories: 1 - We have friends in common and he doesn't want problems. 2 - He realized he needs something from me (and I know what it might be). or 3 - (this one isn't likely) He still likes me. Any thoughts?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• its really hard to tell there. I think maybe he felt bad for how things ended and wanted to at least patch things up so things aren't completely blown apart. there's no harm in at least talking to him ya know. when he starts wanting to hangout immediately is when you need to worry. that means he's after something

What Guys Said 1

• He wants the option of no-strings-attached sex.

What Girls Said 1

• If this was an intimate relationship, he just might want the sex. I'd be careful. That's what most guys go for after a break up. They think that just because they had you before, then they can have you again.