Why is my ex talking crap about me to my new partner?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me a few months ago and quickly found a new girl to start a relationship with. As far as i know they're still together.
We remained close for a while after the break up and even tried to be friends but things didn't work out because there was a lot of fighting and tension in our conversations.
After a while i decided to move on and eventually found a great guy i like a lot.
My ex boyfriend contacted my current partner via text warning him to be carefull about me because i get attached too easily and trying to convince my current partner something's off about me.
Why would he do that? And how do i react to this situation? Should i reach out to him and get an explanation or just let it go?
I'm so angry

32

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I would curse him out and block his number. He is doing that so you will be single and maybe out of jealousy

What Guys Said 1

• Umm, animosity, jealousy, ill harbored feelings, still salty about the break up, selfish, still wants to be relevant in your life, doesn't want to see you move on, he's unhappy with his life. lol

What Girls Said 2

• He's such an insecured Jealous bitch who's unhappy that uve moved on. .. I bet that girl he's dating is a rebound. ... She better run for the hills

• Clearly he's still jealous or he wouldn't be interfering. Basically I'd call him out, ask him directly. As you don't want it to be a bigger problem down the line