Why would a guy your trying to date go to your ex's to talk about you?

This guy I was really into acted like we were going to be together. We argued and didn't talk for several months and when I apologized for flipping out one night when he was being a jerk we started talking again. He was texting me several times a day and trying to call me, I was busy but was excited that we were talking again. He invited me out on a date so I got cute for him and he picked me up. He had a personal size pizza in his car and thought that we could go back to his place. It made me feel bad but went along with it even though I was starving and hate pizza. He wanted to please me but I needed to get to know him more before that. We started arguing cause he wasn't letting me talk and so I wanted to go home, he didn't want to take me right then so I left and called a cab. I didn't talk to him for 2 days but was drinking one night and didn't want to drive so asked him if I could stay over (he said at one point I was welcome over any time), he was rude and hung up on me. The next day I told him I didn't want any type of relationship and we argued, I told him I was offended that we didn't go out to eat at a restaurant when that was the plan. He said he talked to the last guy I dated and that I should consider myself lucky I dated that jerk, he also said he talked to my ex-boyfriend and that they are all good friends now. He said that I have a problem with men and guilt trips. He said he is dating someone else, that he took her on this beautiful date. I really had my feelings wrapped up in this guy and I am hurt. I did say cruel things out of pain but some of the things he did really cut me hard and deep. I have thought of it everyday and it's been a month. I still like this guy but don't think I should and don't know if I will ever hear from him again. I have apologized but he did not.
3
1