Does he still love me?

Me and my ex have starting talking again after realising things, and we are just seeing how things work out. We had many months of space apart in the time I changed and grew up, and I didn't want to lose him so I fought for him, he's real important to me. As he was my bestfriend prior to dating, so we are friends at the moment but it's more than friends.. but we aren't dating as it's not the right time and we have circumstances. We just want to get to know one another againand start afresh. We have a really good bond and a deep connection, and things seem to be going well. We are just enjoying each other's company. He flirts with me and talks to me more than a friend. I still love him but he told me he likes me, and whenever I ask if he still loves me he just says stop or if I ask over the phone he laughs and avoids it. How will I know if he does love me or like me? My question is, can someone really go from loving you to just liking or does he still love me but doesn't want to admit it?

12

What Guys Said 2

• he dosent love u.. u r jst a time pass for him

• Yes, someone can go from loving to just liking you. For some it takes longer that others. Maybe he is trying to figure out where his feelings are at the moment.

What Girls Said 1

• Stop asking him this question because you will just keep driving yourself crazy.
    If he keeps avoiding the question, then he is not yet ready to commit fully to telling you because it opens the floodgates for other questions about where you take your relationship.
    Go with the flow and stop pushing for statements of definition of what you are to each other.
    You mention that you spent months apart and you've lived separate lives during that time and he may just be feeling extra cautious right now.