(REALLY NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING GUYS!!) is it too late?

Some background: I was previously married for 10 years, I have 2 girls and I'm a single mom that works two jobs, College educated, work in healthcare. He's never been married, longest relationship is 4 months, no children and works for an oilfield company. we're both the same age.. 16 Days apart. He's a big gym rat - used to weigh upwards of 450lbs and has lost almost 200lbs - he's had some self-esteem issues due to it & feels unaccomplished in life. (I'm not perfect, but pretty confident- not into the gym, but I'm doing it now & I feel very accomplished.) We didn't have a lot in common but I fell inlove with him. -- We both have trust issues - he thinks every guy wants to hit on me and I lost a couple guy friends.. I feel social media is too important to him & that he could've been talking to other girls on snapchat/insta (he likes to post his progress). I broke up with him once- I felt like he wanted different things than me ; he begged me to take him back and I did. But I broke up with him last week because I felt like he wasn't affectionate enough. He never tells me he cares/misses me, and I love showing affection (not clingy though) I regretted it immediately. I've told him I was sorry. I begged him to take me back, but he told me I broke his heart and wants nothing to do with me. He says I was just playing games, but I even took the step of bringing him around my kids and they loved him. I really can't come to terms because I know he wasn't the perfect guy but he was for me and I was looking forward to building a solid future. But he told me that once an ex, it's over. He said 2 days ago he needed time to think and stopped answering my texts (I think he put me on DND or blocked me.) I deleted my snap/insta- I don't want to see how he's doing without me and I don't want him to see how I am without him. I'm heartbroken. Should I leave him alone and let him come back or do I need to be persistent? I don't have a lot of guy friends, and I need an unbiased opinion.
(REALLY NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING GUYS!!) is it too late?
Add Opinion