Why do people try to justify cheating on you?

526

Most Helpful Guy

• Because then they have to face the consequences of their actions, not the obvious ones i. e. divorce/break up but rather the fact that what they did was selfish and wrong and they commited the ultimate betrayel. In every ones mind they are the hero of there own story, by acknowledging that they cheated and no one but themselves are to blame you take away that illusion that they are the good guy/girl that they are the hero and show them as they are. Many people can't handle that.(currently responding to a woman who is doing the exact same thing (cheated on her husband only a year into there marriage and she is trying to justify it). People can be really shitty.

Most Helpful Girl

• They can't handle admitting that they are a shitty person who made a shitty decision and try to blame it on other factors, to make it seem like they "didn't have a choice", when in fact they had multiple.

What Guys Said 25

• Because it helps the cheater feel less guilty and try to convince you that they aren't an utter s**thouse of a human being

• Why do people try and justify anything? Even the nicest of people are selfishness and have their own desires hidden within them. Nobody wants to look bad or feel guilty. If they think they can justify themselves they will because it protects them and they are too blinded by their own insecurities in life to think about consequences and the fact that their selfishness is hurting other people around them.

• Because humans aren't meant to be monogamous, particularly the males (and that's not a justification/excuse, it's an evolutionary fact). Best way to get cheated on = be in a closed relationship and forbid the other to not even look at other members of the opposite sex. They will get bored or tire of that sooner or later, even if you were Miss Perfect (though that would slow the onset of boredom by a few years maybe).

• Too bad females don't l like facts when they collide with their plans. Sucks to be them.

• Because there are at least two truths about humans...
    1.) We all make mistakes
    2.) We hate to take the blame for them

• Because lots of people are cunts

• Cuz they don't want to accept responsiblity for their actions - it's always someone else's fault. Women are particularly good at this - nothing that happens in their life is EVER the result of their actions, decisions, intentions. But guys do it too - blame shifting.

If you f'd up OWN it.

Oh, and there IS no excuse for cheating - BTDT, both sides of the aisle - cheater and cheatee. :)

• Because they don't want to feel like they did anything wrong. They find a failure in their SO and blame them for their choice to cheat.

• So they can live with the horrible thing they did. Pure cowardice

• Because they know they fucked up.

• Dunno about justification, but I once had an ex cheat on me, then as a result break up with me (she basically ghosted me). Found out from one of her friends what had happened a couple of weeks later and when I confronted her about it she just kept saying "it doesn't matter".

• On me personally they don't... have to have a relationship for that to happen, and have to know a few girls that like me to for the relationship thingy to happy... so 🤷‍♂️😂 sed lyfe

• Because they're weak losers who look to blame other's for there mistakes.

• There is no justification for cheating. It is selfish and stupid. And it hurts a lot.

• because they dont have the balls to be honest about it

• They are not happy and truly are scared of hurting the other person failing but always does anyways in my opinion they just need to end the relationship

• Because they won't take responsibility

• they try to pin their mistakes on others to make themselves live with the guilt I guess

• Because they're terrible disgusting people who want to feel good about themselves.

• Some people are like that. What can you do, eh?

• its easy if someone cheats you were Plan B , if you're plan A they never cheat on you

• Because their conscience is getting to them, they try and excuse themselves

• Because they can not take responsability for there actions, it is natural to come with a motive of what we do

• same reason why trump tries to legitimize his "win"

• HOLY CRAP WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EAR WHY? :,(

• I gauged them out & that's completely irrelevant

• why why did you do that :(

• oh sorry. I dont know why people try and justify cheating. its to make them feel better. Usually when you lie to yourself there is a point where you end up believing it. Clean conscious

• The question is why they didn't break up with you. And if that reason isn't 'because we have kids', I'm not sure what a reasonable answer would be.

What Girls Said 4

• Cuz they don't wanna take the blame for their own actions.

• Trying to avoid the real issues

• Because they think they can do it and not get Caught

• bc no one really likes being blamed for even if it was their fault.