Break up or not?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about a year now.

Before he went to basic training, he made me feel happy, he said he loved me and cherished me, etc. He basically made me feel special.

After that, he went out to continue his training in different places and I haven't seen him since.

We usually only talk on Snapchat now, before he left, we would Skype, but he doesn't want to do that now. Our convos last about 1-2 hours.

He has changed. Nowadays I feel like I'm the one trying hard for the relationship. I'm usually the one always asking how he has been, has he eaten, etc. In this relationship, I don't feel special anymore. He stopped being sincere with his words and I'm not even sure if he loves me anymore. I feel like I'm neglected and uncared for. Before his training, he apologized and told me that being neglected is very bad.

I told him my feelings and I feel like nothing has changed, as his response to it was how I wasn't expressive, and not about my feelings. I even wrote him a letter on our anniversary (that he forgot) and didn't even get a reply. Should I end it? Or should I be more understanding because of his career?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly i have 2 roommates that were both in the navy, and my best friend who also was and he had a girlfriend back home and still managed to sleep with over 150+ different chicks in 4 years. My honest guess is he's getting action on the side... sorry

Most Helpful Girl

• End it. He seems to be more focused on his career versus wanting to be in a relationship. A relationship is more than just Skyping and txting. It means communication, intimacy and sacrifices. Sounds like he just had second thoughts about the relationship. A man is never to busy. He will make time for someone who he is interested in being with long term.

What Guys Said 4

• What's his career in? Could it come between you?

• At least he could write you, if he's not even doing that then I see its pretty much over. How long has it been since u both talked and how often do u talk now? Is he still in training?

• Starting three days ago we now text each other everyday. Our convos are usually very boring and he shows no care. We haven't seen each other in a long time, more than 6 months.

• Don't take decision based on some situations like he didn't reply for your mail or he is not taking with you like before. You need to wait for sometime may be he is working hard to support their family or may be he is very busy with his job. But you told me that he is still chatting with you using snap chat if he does not like you then he does not want to reply to you and apologies for his behaviour for the last past days

• I'm not reading all that. But if you're even questioning it, then just end it

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't love you anymore. Dump him asap.