Break up or not?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about a year now.

Before he went to basic training, he made me feel happy, he said he loved me and cherished me, etc. He basically made me feel special.

After that, he went out to continue his training in different places and I haven't seen him since.

We usually only talk on Snapchat now, before he left, we would Skype, but he doesn't want to do that now. Our convos last about 1-2 hours.

He has changed. Nowadays I feel like I'm the one trying hard for the relationship. I'm usually the one always asking how he has been, has he eaten, etc. In this relationship, I don't feel special anymore. He stopped being sincere with his words and I'm not even sure if he loves me anymore. I feel like I'm neglected and uncared for. Before his training, he apologized and told me that being neglected is very bad.

I told him my feelings and I feel like nothing has changed, as his response to it was how I wasn't expressive, and not about my feelings. I even wrote him a letter on our anniversary (that he forgot) and didn't even get a reply. Should I end it? Or should I be more understanding because of his career?
Break up or not?
5
2