My ex who left me for someone else contacted me out of the blue while still with this dude, how can I steal her back in the long run?

my ex of 2 years left me for another dude, well about a month and a half of no contact, i get a long text basically asking how i'm doing and she brought up some happy memories. I played it cool and talked for a little bit before ending the convo saying i had to go. Acted happy and upbeat as if the breakup hadn't affected me whatsover. When i had to go, she seemed upset. What steps do i need to take now in order to get her back from this dude? She contacted me first and it seemed genuine. Do i contact her now or wait for her to contact me again?
2
1