He treated me like dirt and dumped me. How do I get over it?

my ex likes to make it seem like I was crazy. He would do shitty things, and I'd call him out on it. A few days ago, we argued about something I did on my bday. He didn't get me a gift or plan anything by the way. He was upset because we went to a painting class and I didn't want him helping me. He brought this up a few nights ago and I told him I was upset he didn't do anything special for my birthday, but he didn't listen. I apologized and he said I'm full of shit. I got mad and we argued. We get home and I was tired of fighting, I apologized. He said he has nothing to say to me and I need to leave. I snapped and began to tell him how much of a jerk he was. "You always treat me like shit, why am I with an asshole like you?" Finally he grabbed me by my hair and pulled me out the door and threw my bag out. I pushed myself back in "you're a punk, what kind of man does that? I fucking hate you! I'm done!" This is basically what I said all night. He yelled and tried to get me out and he tells me he can't be with me because I always harass him. What? It's like he pokes at me and then plays the victim. I should've left, but I didn't because this man loved to yell at me and decide he was done with the convo when it's my turn to talk. I'm embarrassed that I acted poorly, but I was so angry. He made it seem like I'm the one that causes all this drama. Eventually he calls the police because I wasn't leaving, and it's safe to say I'm DONE. But I still feel angry. More towards myself, for acting like that and allowing him in my life.

I feel so freaking pissed off and I want to slash his tires or do something crazy, but I know it won't make me feel better. I just wish he knew he was an asshole and I didn't deserve it. I wish I didn't put up with it. I just regret so much about the relationship. Will it get better? Or will I turn into those bitter women that are constantly defensive and paranoid? Anyone else can relate?
5
5