Should I say sorry or no?

My ex and I dated for almost 11 months. During that time we were very close and did some stuff. We never went all the way, but we did do stuff that was a first for both of us. We have been broken up for over 3 months now but it didn't end badly, she said she loved me as we broke up, and I did too, but we decided it would be best if we split because she said she just wasn't happy. So I of course want her to be happy, so I let her go. We haven't really talked, other then a few days since and we have said happy birthday to eachother on our birthdays, so we haven't been completely 100% no contact. But question is, recently and a bit over the time since we have been apart I've been thinking about the stuff we did and been feeling kinda bad. I don't know, guess I feel guilty taking her first time away with the stuff we did. I've never been like other guys that brag and talk a bunch about all the do. So i guess I'm wondering if it would be stupid to say sorry? Sorry for taking that first experience away from her and all? I haven't thought about wording or anything of how I would say it, but I'm just wondering if I should or not. I know it's not something that guys do a lot, but I just feel like I should. I don't know if it's a good idea, a bad idea. I don't wanna make her feel bad or make her sorry or anything, and I definitely don't wanna make something worse, like I hope to be her friend still even though that may take a bit, I'm just wondering if it would be alright. We are both strong Christians and at the time it seemed like the right thing, but I just feel the need to say sorry. What do you think? Thanks.

What Girls Said 1

• Saying sorry does sound a little out of place and this is not because guys don't usually say sorry it's just because it doesn't need to be said here. Instead just thank her for being a great friend for you and follow up with asking to remain friends.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think you should say anything, what happened was desired by both of you.
    I know exactly what you feel, cuz I feet the same with my ex. but I always remember that she wanted it too, and I remember that she was the one who wanted to leave, so it's not my fault. Most importantly that it felt right at the time so we probably would have done it again and again, so it's just the situation that lead to this not my fault.