Why does he keep doing this?

I want to get back together with my ex but usually he doesn't seem interested in getting back together, but sometimes he tells me yes he does want to get back together and he seems totally in. Then the next day I try to talk to him and he totally shuts me down. He has done this a few times. What does he want?

63

Most Helpful Guy

• both of you don't know what you want and that makes things unclear.
    the problem is that you accept to underestimate your value by making him take the decision to decide who you are and when you should be in his life, and that gives him a chance to treat you badly (low self-esteem).

Unfortunately, you know that relationship consuming your health, ruining your self-confidence and slowing your progress in life... so do the right thing and blame yourself for not doing the right thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, why did you break up? Just irreconcilable differences or was there any unfaithfulness going on?

• We didn't see eye to eye on a couple of things

• Ok... Maybe he's hesitant on getting back together because of the past which didn't work out for you guys. He may want to get back together because I'm sure you guys made a lot of great memories. Just don't push the issue too much because then you may just push him away for good. He knows where you stand so let him come to you now.

• ok thanks

What Guys Said 2

• long as you're wasting your time with him like that you will never move on

• I doubt he seriously wants to get back with you due to the fact that he changes his mind. It could be that he kinda just says yes to get u off his back.
    Maybe you shud try and find some1 else? It could be for the best.

What Girls Said 5

• He's playing games. Let him go.

• WHY would you want to be with someone who clearly does not care for you or value you in any way?

• sounds like he doesn't know what he wants himself. honestly I would stay away from him, as hard as that sounds. he needs to figure out himself and you would only be hurt in the process...

• yes he keeps hurting me but we were together for almost a year and I just don't want to let him go

• He definitely doesn't sound worth it tbh. Girl you deserve the best, and some guy being half interested isn't worth a minute of your precious time ❤

• let him go. whatever reason it is behind your break up, you have to give him that chance to test out the theory in his head. He will only think you're in his face.