How can you tell when your boyfriend is going to breakup woth you?

Today me and my boyfriend went out at first it was great but then he seemed very distant. As we walked along the beach he'd make small convo and I'd grab his arm to hold but he'd distant himself or plainly would not even acknowledge my arm was there. Towards the end of the day he seemed completely gone, i would talk to him and he'd ignore me or nod his head. I reach to hold his hand and he'd just keep his hand still. I hugged him but it was only me hugging. I tried talking to him to see if something was bothering him, something personal but he said all was ok. I didn't believe him and now I feel he's ready to break up. He texted me saying there was something he needed to say but he rather say it next time he sees me. I'm worried but I'm ready to accept whatever it is. But what do you guys/ girls think?
2
2