What is the issue? He just shut me out without saying anything. Am I overreacting or is there something wrong?

Me and my ex have starting talking again after realising things, and we are just seeing how things work out. We had many months of space apart in the time I changed and grew up, and I didn't want to lose him so I fought for him, he's real important to me. As he was my bestfriend prior to dating, so we are friends at the moment but it's more than friends.. but we aren't dating as it's not the right time. We just want to get to know one another again and start afresh. We have a really good bond and a deep connection, and things seem to be going well. We are just enjoying each other's company. He flirts with me and talks to me more than a friend. I still love him and he says he likes me a lot. We made plans to see each other soon as we are long distance and have booked everything, he was so excited to visit. Everything was going well to my knowledge We last spoke a few days ago and I didn't want to disturb him as I know he would be busy due to the weekend but he still didn't speak to me after the weekend so I started to get a little worried so I text him asking if everything is ok and my messages didn't deliver. It seems as if he has blocked me, I'm hoping that this isn't the case but I just don't understand, the reason why I'm paranoid is because blocking is extreme and in 5 years he only has blocked me once when we broke up as we were arguing like crazy, it took a lot so I'm a little on edge, why would he do that now when he is coming to see me and we were making good progress. I'm so heartbroken.. we haven't argued or nothing went wrong this time so it doesn't make sense. I'm going to text him from another device in a few days to see if I have been blocked. How can I confront him about this in a mature manner and not argue or look needy, because I need to know what's happening and if he's still coming over. Any suggestions of texts to send? Please don't say move on etc, because a lot of money and time has been invested into our trip and I've made a lot of effort
2
3