Will I ever want another relationship?

I just left my emotionally abusive husband and now I'm not sure if I ever want to be married again. will i heal?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 22

• Life often has unpleasant things for us. But we are made in a way that we can get over these things and move on with life. It is often not easy, and will take time.

But you have already progressed. You recognized the problem, and were strong enough to plan an exit and to follow through. So many women are afraid to leave a known bad thing because they are so afraid of the unknown that awaits them. You are physically free of him and are on the path to getting him out of your head.

There are wonderful people around you and you will soon see them. I think you will find the way to move on and into a very positive relationship. Best of luck to you!

• time heals everything, stay strong..

• You will heal but if you are smart you will never get married again and perhaps not do closed relationships anymore either. I was married 2x, hated it, been single 12 years and don't do closed relationships anymore. Never been happier than when single.

• Time heals everything, as it goes on you will feel more detached from what happened and the person. it will take time, it never happens quickly. But eventually it does

• yes you will but you will have a wall around you that the next man will have to tear it down to get to you

• When you find the right lad who treats you how you want to be treated of course. Sorry you had to go through that

• you really shouldn't even be worrying about never wanting to marry again. the hard part of your situation was leaving. take your time and live your life

• Yeah I'm sure you will but you need time to get your head around the whole ordeal first just remember not every man is the same

• my mom just left my dad and she's feeling on top of the world now

• yes u will
    time will tell

• Time is the best healer , Give it Time and u will meet mr perfect. for now just chill and enjoy your time to heal

• true , I just want some alone time right now

• that's a must and also You Can engage ur self in a new things. (ex: play music, Sports routine ,.. etc)

• Why even think of marriage? Time for you. Have fun and do things you always wanted to do.

• Eventually, but not completely, unfortunately.

• nothing heals fully there will always be a scar. but it gets easier to live with

• I hope so. to many women are letting their ex decide there future.

• babe just spend some time with u...

• Time heals everything so wait for some time before getting into another relationship.

• yeah good decision

• yes you will and things will be better

• yep. over time

• I'll never heal, clean slates please?

• You will get over it... It just takes time... I got over a 4 year relationship in a few months... time will heal you... you saved your life, as he would have eventually got physically abusive. Abusers escalate.

What Girls Said 8

• You will, no doubt. Because you are a strong woman. How I know? You had the courage to left him, it is not easy to leave a husband who is like that. You need a lot of courage for that. You could make that choice to have a better life. I am sure you will heal. Maybe it will be hard to do it alone, a therapist can help you.

• Time doesn't heal everything but it does numb, don't rush into anything just love yourself and slowly build on it

• I am sure it's possible. Just takes time and possibly good self help books, friends, counseling, music, religious exploration etc

• you will mostly heal.. but you won't ever forget. And for most that experience this have trust issues when it comes to dating.. you just need to find a real man that knows how to treat his women right. I'm sure you'll find that.

• you will! it takes time. give yourself that time. people come and they go. just make sure the next guy is a guy that can treat you right and make you happy.

• you will , after feeling good again

• I was about your age when I left my first husband.

• You will. I'm proud of you!