Is this normal or should I break up with him?

So I'm dating this guy and I really do love him and I know he loves me but sometimes I want to just go out and live my life, date other people and see what's out there. I'm 19 and I don't know if I should settle. But I'm afraid to make a mistake. I don't want to realize what I had when it's too late but on the other hand I don't want to settle because I'm afraid to make a mistake. Either way I want to be honest and stay true to how I feel so I'm not going to cheat. I just don't know what to do. Any insight?

• Break up
    47%(9)63%(27)Vote75%(18)
  • Don't break up
    21%(4)14%(6)Vote8%(2)
  • Other (please write below)
    32%(6)23%(10)Vote17%(4)

Most Helpful Guy

• If your not giving him your 100% your hurting him. if he loves you and you leave OMG that will hurt so bad. but it depends on your boyfriend tbh. is he a sweet nice guy or his he more I'm cool and gang gang

Most Helpful Girl

• I felt that way about my boyfriend when I met him when I was 19 but he was also doing some stuff I didn't like and vice versa. He's 30 I'm 23 now, we broke up many times and I was single most of my 21st year. I dated and even got into a short relationship but I couldn't stop thinking about my boyfriend
    .. at the time ex boyfriend. I've never felt that way before about anyone else and so I regretted cutting it off with him because he didn't want me back at all (he was tired of being broken up with) it's like anyone I met no matter how good they were just didn't measure up to him. Anyways he felt the same and we reconnected finally and I was with him since Christmas 2 years ago. I don't regret going out there and going through all that it made me realize I want him to be my life partner.. I already had his name tatted on me anyway 😂 one indicator was when people asked me if I wanted my ex name covered up even though I hated him I said.. I've never had a love like that so no its part of me.

• Something similar got me stocked. I have the first letter of my ex's name on my hand, and I never regretted that. We broke up, and got together many times. But in the end he moved away and I haven't seen him for 3 years now.
      Sometimes we still talk on Facebook, but we always end up fighting and not talking for months. He had other girlfriends, I had other boyfriends, but once when we really fought badly, and I thought we will never talk again I decided to fall in love. And so I did. I am in a relationship with the nicest guy in the world. But something draws me back to my ex, and I can't do anything about that.
      Now I'm in love with two men, and have no idea what to do...

• @Miyuki28 it might be that you will grow out of the old love and move on or it might be that you will grow out of this one and get back to your ex somehow. Me and my boyfriend fought so much and it was repulsing and horrible. Now we fight but it's very good and healthy we moved on.

What Guys Said 12

• Break up and take a 5 year ride on the cock carousel

• Do what most girls do from 18-24... ride the cock carousel. Mind you if a great guy comes about and finds out he may not want you as a serious partner.

• Thanks for a terrible opinion👌

• I wrote it out in 3rd person then saw 'Asker' and was like i cba to change it back to being direct. And it does sound bitter... but at the same time there is a lot of truth to it. You are a unique female... i assumed (rightly so) you were on of the 95% of females who on't wait for loving committed relationships.

• At the end of the day a lot of things on this site can sound bitter/harsh... it doesn't mean those arguments are wrong.

• If you're having these doubts you need to get them out, tell your guy about them and if you still feel the same way you need to see what's out there.

• You clearly dont want to commit. break up and enjoy your life until that changes.

• Human beings are naturally unfaithful.

At 19 there is a lot of chances that you will not marry him.

So enjoy everything you can as a free bird then settle when you feel ready

• Like others have said don't worry about it and just ride the cock carousel like most everyone else. Hell I ride the pussy carousel even at my age and will until I die. Whatever you decide you are better off just staying single for life than settling for someone just because you thought you couldn't get any better. If he's not exactly what you want then dump him, simple as that.

• Sure. It's called 'hypergamy'. Google it.

• What you are afraid of? Of settling with the wrong person?

• Grow up

• Take a break.

• This is normal happens to everyone

• I fell in love at your age, and I still have those same intense feelings 8 years on
    Who's to say your feelings won't endure like mine? Settling down, never. You're going through what should be some of the best years of your life, enjoy them!
    But don't think a childhood sweetheart won't be your sweetheart forever, he could well be the person you spend your life with

What Girls Said 10

• I can't tell you what you should do, but i can tell you that you are young. It's not even close to time for you to settle down.. let alone "settle" for someone. Stay in the relationship if he makes you truly happy, but that doesn't mean you can't go out to continue to discover yourself. The best part of a relationship is growing together, you both will probably change and mature.. doing it together just makes it better. Then later on if you find you don't belong together anymore, you can deal with that then and not have to worry about "what if".

• If I was you, I'd break up with him and meet other guys. I was in the position as you a year ago, I didn't want to settle. Today, I'm with a guy and even though I'm 19 and I consider myself a free and open minded woman, I really don't want to meet other men. Like, I kinda want to settle haha. If a guy doesn't make you wanna settle, then he isn't the right guy. Good luck!

• its definitely normal to get these feelings.. if I were you, I'd stay and just see how things go and take it slow

• I think you should tell him you need a break, take some time and see what it's like to be single and see what's out there, tell him you care about him a lot but you need to take a few weeks to focus on yourself, if at the end of that time you feel you made a mistake in breaking up then tell him that, if you feel you like it more this way, then stay single, I felt the same way when I ended a 3 year relationship, I asked for a break and realized I liked being single more, I'm 19 as well so I know how you feel about wanting to see what's out there.

• Go with your gut.
    Don't listen to anyone else.
    Listen to you.

• I understand you so much like holy shit. Although your happy your not going to get this time back. I would say try to have a open relationship. Tell your boyfriend how you feel and if you break up try to leave things on good terms but always remember if its meant to be it will be.

• Are you sure you love him?

• talk to him about it let him know what your going through. maybe he will understand. maybe he feels the same. but that's your partner and if you love him and he loves you, then that is something you should be comfortable to open up about.

• live it up!!! you'll never be young again!! everyone is so pressured and rushes into serious relationships sooo young! THAT'S the biggest mistake you can make. find yourself first!!

• I know exactly how you feel. You're young and you still have an endless amount of people to meet. If you're even asking the question, you probably should end it before it gets too serious.