Why do men delete ex's pictures off of social media?

1114

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause that was a dumb move to begin with.

I always see people constantly putting a photo of their partner as people that just fill the "girlfriend blank". They don't even think of their partner as a special person.

That's why they have a new profile pic with a new "love of their life" every now and then.

Ps : I know it's not everybody, nothing can relate to everybody

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all men do, just like not all women do. I still have pics of me and my ex's on social media. They may be ex's but they were a part of my life. They're just photos. It's not like you delete or burn pictures of family members when they die

• I agree. If I cared about them enough to let the world know that we are together, they were apart of my life.

What Guys Said 13

• Women also do the same

• because men are actually more emotional when it comes to break ups. men, tend to have feelings months, sometimes even years longer than their female counter part. it's part of processing I assume

• Cuz they're DONE with them. Duh.

• Doesn't it hurt seeing those photos to you?

• If I cared enough about him to show the world I'm proud to be with him, I just don't erase them that quickly.

• No. It would hurt me more if they were gone.

• Both hurts, but eventually either you move on or you stay in pain.

And pain will last as long as you stay there. I was only one month with that girl, and my break up pain lasted one year and a half. And was the worst experience in my life.

Just search someone who likes you back!

• why do women

• To move on

• keeping them kinda reduces your chances of getting another girl

• they don't want anything to do with ex anymore

• So they delete good memories? Or do they do want to remember those good times.

• Is it 4:20 am there? If so, why are you up?

• Cuz thats normal uif you keep pics of exes means that you haven't move on

• Normal

• coz they don't wanna remember them

• You just can't remove pictures, and forget

• ya i know... but by doing this we can stop thinking about our ex

• u know what if someone deleting there ex's picture... i think their is reason behind it.. maybe they like someone else or maybe they don't wanna see them

• Because an EX is past history... We move on... EXes are something to be forgotten

• I still have pictures of me and my ex on Facebook and she still has has pictures of us on Facebook.

What Girls Said 10

• They don't want to be reminded of someone who broke their heart or of the person who's heart they broke.

• I do the same and I do the day the relationship ends. I don't want to remember them.

• Because it's a way to forget and move on? Women do it too.

• They are no longer together?

• Deleting the memories. Plus they're no longer together, why have them up still.

• I deleted my ex pics the second it was over. why? we ain't together. why keep the pics up? that just makes it seem like your still in a relationship. or stuck on that relationship. plus why would I want to see pics of my ex?

• If I cared enough about him to put our relationship out for the world to see, I think I would be very sad if those pics were gone. People come into our lives either as a blessing or a lesson. I would want to remember them for whatever reason

• Yes and no. If it was loaded of pic of his ex, no. But is there were 1 or 2, I wouldn't care.

• i find you to be open minded. but I don't think there's many people that would feel the same.

• isn't that normal?

• I do this as well, I guess I do it as a way of moving on, a way to get over somebody as you don't constantly see the memories of them on your accounts, it's much easier to move on when you aren't constantly reminded of someone

• to piss them off

• to get themselfs to get their pain out (my bro does it)