Breaking Up Soulmates?

Hi everyone! So, I have a ~possibly~ touchy question. My boyfriend and I of 8 months just broke up, namely with him breaking up with me on the grounds that I am not his soulmate. He's said he loves me, he's been very happy with me, but it would be wrong for him to continue our relationship to any further point (like marriage or moving in) when I am not his soulmate. He went on to state that he's felt the soulmate feeling before with an ex he met while studying abroad, but she moved home after a little over a month into the relationship. He stated that he realizes I have the soulmate feeling for him too. Which brings me to my 2 questions: philosophically speaking, when you have the feeling that is so deep seated it shakes every part of you that someone is the right person for you, how is it possible that they do not have that feeling? Does that mean one of your premises is "wrong"? And second, have any of you experienced breakup (either dumper or dumpee) on the grounds that you're not soulmates?
Breaking Up Soulmates?
Add Opinion