My boyfriend is suicidal over me suggesting to break up, what do I do?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly 6months, and things have been a little rocky. We're in a long distance relationship, and he has anxiety. I've been able to help him through it, and besides bumps that come from our relationship it's been pretty ok. We had an argument, and he told me if I answered a set of questions about our relationship wrong, he'll cut himself. I've had issues with cutting, not myself, but a last partner and my sister, which he knows about, and I did not feel comfortable at all, so I told him he's crossing the line and we need to end things. Maybe it was in the moment, but thinking back now it's like I've realised something, that we're not right for each other. I do realised how this is unfair of me, but there's numerous things that support that, and I know he's not the only one to blame. I do still love him & care for him, and I'll always be there to help. When I tried to explain, he freaked out, I got him to calm down, and he told me if I do leave he won't be able to live and he'll kill himself. I do not think he is just saying that, I think he really feels that way. We Skype twice a week, so I was planning to explain everything and tell him properly, but he told me that he'll kill himself again, and I can't do that to him, so I told him I'll keep it to myself, he seemed to be ok after that. Yes, he does go to therapy, though he chooses not to tell the therapist about us, and I only have contact with his brother, who doesn't really take my urges seriously. Any advice? Thank you everyone.
22
2