I broke up with my girlfriend and I regret it?

Yesterday I broke up with my long term girlfriend, I had plenty of good reasons, some I told her and some I didn't. Since the moment I said goodbye I've had a deep, sick feeling in my stomach. I regret not trying harder, and I already miss her a lot. I can't even bring myself to take our pictures off instagram or take her @ out of my bios, and she hasn't either. I've wanted this for a long time now but I can't handle it like I thought I could. What do I do?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Canyou fix what went wrong? If you can, fix it then contact her. Before she gets another guy. It might not work, but it sure will not work if you do not try.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stay the course. You just going through separation anxiety part of the break up. You've been with her a long time so your routine and life is going to change and sometimes your body isn't ready for it. But your mind is. You didn't come to your decision hastily, you wanted to do it and you did it for the reason you had. Stick with it.

• I still care about her though, I didn't want to have to end things but things weren't changing when they should have, but now I feel like I didn't try hard enough to make things work

• Your with her a lot of time. Seems like you tried hard, but the effort has to be on the other end too. Also you had "plenty" of good reasons to leave her, so it doesn't look like its one or two things. I think you will be fine.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• Make a pros and con's list- reasons you should and shouldn't be in a relationship. Decide which is more detrimental to you in the short and long term.

Just because you are feeling like this doesn't mean you were wrong in ending the relationship. You need to trust your instincts.

• Go back to her...

• I'm the one that ended things though, would that not be kind-of shitty? I also don't want to go back if there's just going to be that cloud hanging over the relationship

• Your right that would be kinda shitty. You still love her though... Its a tough call to make. If you feel like you made the right choice try and move on. Find another girlfriend and stop thinking about her.

• it happens bud. try to get through it an you'll be better for it.