Guys, can you forgive a girl for this? Is there a way to win his trust back?

I've had a bad past (watched my dad beat on my mom, call me a bitch and scream at us, a lot of violent behavior, my grandpa constantly saying bad things about me, a guy I dated for 3 years was a pretty mentally and physically abusive relationship ending in him commiting suicide at my house while I was there, etc). I've been dating a guy who was 5 years younger, he's 20 I'm 25. We got through a lot of my issues with the suicide part but I have a problem with just being angry. I've bowed up at him twice now. Never hit though. I get mad if he's with his friends, even though he promises me he would see me after, hangs out with girls at school, little stuff that's stupid to get mad at. I don't know how to stop it but he's ended our relationship. I'm at a point I went to a doctor, got medical advice on my temper and going to a counselor. He says he no longer wants to date at all because I bowed up. That he cut his feelings off in a day because of it. I hate myself for my actions and it kills me that I also work with him and we go to the same college. Can a guy ever get over that? Is it best to just ignore him and hope for the best?
5
1