I am still in love with the person my ex used to be, but now he is someone completely different. what can I do?

he used to love me and care about me being happy and he wanted to cuddle with me and he would take me on dates and to the movies and do special things for me but then he wanted to be single and he started drinking and partying a lot and he ended up cheating on me, dumping me, then telling me he loved me and having sex with me, only to later say he had been using me for sex and didn't love me and had another girlfriend. even after all this I think only about the good parts and want to be with him. how can i separate my memory of him with who he has become?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• So my thoughts on this and I've known people who were like this... sometimes something happens to someone that changes them entirely. A good friend of mine was a great guy and he was a very devoted guy to his ex. His father passed away and he got involved in drinking and prostitutes... it took place what seemed overnight. since then he has never went back to his normal self. I'm not saying he won't change back but I wouldn't count on it. Try to remember the good times you had and move on. easier said then done I know but time heals everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• People change. Mourn the loss of his good personality and move on with your life. Don't let this guy keep you from finding someone who will actually appreciate you.

What Guys Said 2

• Each relationship is a learning experience... girl if he cheated on you he didn't truly love you... when you truly love somebody being faithful is very easy... Time will heal you as time progresses on you will think about it less and less..
    I think the same way... it's been two years for my break up and I've gotten over my last relationship so it took me two years...

• move on

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!