Should I leave my boyfriend?

We have a kid together. And we had a huge disagreement about something. I threatened him with leaving so he would compromise with me. Which he did. But now he's not acting like he cares about this anymore. I have tried to talk to him a few times about it and every time he says I should make the decision of leaving. I just want him to want me to stay, and to act like he wants this. I don't know what to do. Should I just pack my bags and go? And stop waiting for him?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds to me like he should leave you sound like a total cunt. for using leaving as a tool to get your way.

that's like him threatening not leaving the couch. and playing cod and not paying the bills untill you give in.

that's childish and dumb.

the fact you have a kid and don't get how stupid that is. As why my faith in humanity is in the negatives.

and fuck the other dicks in this comment chain who think he's wrong for not playing your bullshit or falling for your bluff

• You don't understand. I didn't include everything that has happened. But he has done this to me many times. That is why I did it to him. In fact when I threatened to leave I was calling HIS bluff. He told me to either pick what he wanted to do or leave. So I said I'll leave. Then he decided he would compromise.

• That she wouldn't talk to him. Long story short she was riding for my stepdad when he was in the wrong. He expected me to cut her off but I disagree.

• yah nvm he needs to grow some balls and lessen vanity on pointless issues.

i would not say leave him. but find a way to force his hand that is not cheap

What Guys Said 7

• ? ? You two are breaking up because he has hostility to your mother coming to see her (your mother's) grand daughter?

Okay, I do not understand, nor do I care, why he is so hostile to her visiting. Unless she is interfering in how your household functions.

By chance, does your mother make suggestions? And do you pay attention to her advice? Is your boyfriend really pissed that he was with you, but now he is with "you-and-your-mother" instead of you alone?

• I humbly state my opinion. I can not see how splitting up will benefit you, your boyfriend, or the baby girl you two have. If necessary, tell your mother to stay away, at least for now. Not because you are right and he is wrong, but to move past this one hot-button issue.

• Do not let him hold you hostage like that call his bluff and leave. it may not be permanent but should be enough to get his attention or if you need to go it gives you an out.

• why would he do this? Does he not appreciate me and think that I will just stay and take it?

• you are exactly right.. I think it is a power play he wants to exert his dominance over the marriage and show that you need him no matter what. if you call his bluff he comes crawling back to you begging you to come back if he is serious then you made the right decision to leave him for good

• When you use the word threatened in a relationship you may as well be a terrorist holding your relationsship hostage. You must communicate without threats.

• I tried so hard. I have talked to him. I communicate my feelings. But he won't do anything different.

• Time to put on your big girl pants and walk out the door. Yes it is scary but your kid deserves to live in a stable and peaceful environment. Just because you have a kid together doesn't mean the two of you were meant to be.. Good luck to you!

• Thats not how it works. You can't just threaten your boyfriend with leaving to get him to give in to your opinion. you fucked up

• he doesn't think you would do that girl

• why make someone stay that doesn't want to be there? leave. it's going to be hard but worth it.

• Maybe but are you taking the kid and able to support your child alone until he begs for you back?

• Luckily my baby is still pretty small. She is breastfed only so I don't have to spend too much money on her. I can support her without him.

• Well I guess if you can leave for awhile, maybe he will miss you and his daughter. We usually don't notice what we have until it's gone

What Girls Said 0