Guys, Guys how do you deal with break ups- whether you initiated it or her?

is it true that at the start you're not so bad but worsen as time goes on which tends to be the opposite for females?
do you flirt/sleep with other girls to help?
is posting more online to get her attention or other peoples?
is messaging her at 3am as a 'friend' really a friend thing or do you miss her

20

Most Helpful Guy

• I think guys don't want to show it but we do suffer right after and long after a breakup from a girl we really loved and depended on. We don't want to show signs of weakness either to ourselves or others and this has lots of reasons, good reasons. For some sleeping with other women is a good thing just to forget for a short time, while others just let time handle things and are laid-back and do normal stuff xD And yea the social media thing, posts, quotes is real some do it but I personally think it's stupid and childish I mean dude be a man and tell her what you think in her face. If you miss her tell her, she does too if there was something between you ( girls can do this too no one dies OK its normal to show feelings ).

What Guys Said 19

• A few weeks after the breakup I would do most of the things you mentioned but now I've blocked her already. And yeah, it got worse over time. But as a guy, it sucks since I don't think the society allow guys to show sadness so the feelings caved in and forever will I bring this scar with me.

• Block, delete, no contact. Train hard, build muscle... forgive, forget... train...

• I walked away like a bad ass walks away from explosions in an action movie. I did not post, I did not sleep around, I walked away and left it behind me. As for the pain, it fades in time, it doesn't get worse because you learn to move on. And since I walked away I blocked her on everything, I don't talk to her and she can't talk to me.

• Crack open a beer, eat that two day old sandwich i forgot about, watch the game, and say Fuck it. 3 days later, i go back "on the prowl"

• Well i broke up with that person for a reason - i dont like them. So i find no problems with moving on (actually if i initiate it it means that i moved on already).

• Goodbey, block, delete and just say fuckit and move on

• None of the above. NEXT!!

• the best way to deal with break ups is to first sit down at a desk. write on a piece of paper their name in the middle. of page.. On one side ppit the good stuff about person. On other side put the bad. and on the bottom write who had the problems.
    After that ask yourself is it better with or without them. If you feel like they are the one try one last time to get them back. if not move on by going out and meeting others (movies with friends, ice-cream, just have fun and do stuff).

• you stay away from anything that reminds you of her and try to go out to have a breather and think about what you plan to do with your future

• I took my breakups bad so there's lot depression for me.

• If I initiated I'll avoid talking to you and live my life. If you initiated it I'll fuck random girls and talk to you every now and then.

• it does get worse as it goes on. not really the flirting type unless she comes on to me I don't know all-out the listing online and the messaging is cause of missing her

• girl u might not no boys initially take as granted later dey regret...

• I just chil and take long walks

• it's a huge reasons to depend of. Every situation is unique

• Stop making contact. find better things to do in life. find work. get busy

• they always suc

• It can get worse over time. Personally I cut all contact if I no longer like them as a person and forget them. If getting with other girls help then so be it. If they're cool though I'd probs just stay friends. It's different for different guys though.