Should I break up with him?

I've been dating him since my senior high school year (22y/o, 5'11, Auburn hair, hazel eyes) and everything is going well. But I am starting to have second thoughts if he is the right one since my physician has expressed interest in me (26y/o, 6'3, Blonde, green eyes). what should I do?

• Forget about the doctor and keep my relationship going on.
  • Break up with my present boyfriend since the physician is such a catch

1622

Most Helpful Guy

• PLEASE BREAK UP
    because then he is at least not stuck with someone shallow and superficial and isn't wasting his time, money and emotions.

but dont try to get back into his life and hurt him more once the physician dumps you after sex or doesn't call you back or ignores you so that his wife doesn't find out.

• first of all, I just asked for an opinion, No one is entitled to judge anyone. you don't know me well enough to call me shallow or superficial. and FYI, the doctor doesn't have a wife

• oh the doctor doesn't have a wife, right
      that makes much more sense now

and I didn't judge you, I dont know who you are , how you are as a person and maybe I am wrong and toy are a great person otherwise.
      its just my opinion, because we can have that, judging a person is something I dont like personally, but expressing my opinion on a situation from a third person perspective is totally fine though

Most Helpful Girl

• What the hell? Don't things like loyalty matter to you? Or does that go straight through the window when you want to bang someone else? Sounds a tiny bit flakey to me. If you've built up a strong relationship with someone shouldn't you think a little more rationally about the prolongation of the relationship. Breaking up with someone isn't a joke. There are a lot of feelings and heartache involved and you need to be aware that you will be directly responsible for that. Have empathy. Please.

That is not to say don't break up. Don't get my opinion wrong. If you're not sexually interested in him then it's useless prolonging something what won't work. But be objective. Weigh up the pros and cons and decide what is best for you as a person. Just know there will always be consequences applied to your actions.

What Guys Said 21

• break up with him. life is too short for him to be stuck with someone until their ready to jump ship based on looks.

• Your doctor is not going to touch you. Trust me on this. FANTASYYYYYY

:)

• I'm starting to understand MGTOW...
    imgflip.com/s/meme/Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg

• I mean ethically and legally your physician can't have a relationship with his patients, that being said clearly the guy you're with isn't making you completely happy if you're looking at different relationships so it may be best to let it end and just get back out and dating.
    At the very least you probably have some things to work on with your current partner.

• Shallow much?

• No one cares.

• It could just be a phase. Don't jeopardize all you have based on what could be just a fling

• If everything is going well, why do you need to consider other offers based entirely on how they look

• cuz the physician is better looking which makes me second guess the relationship

• But you just said everything else was fine, just because he looks "better" doesn mean you'll get a better relationship out of it, it just means he's attractive

• Your looking for an excuse to break up with him. So just do it.
    I doubt your physician is into you and 26...

• why would you think that? The physician is not some 50y/o ugly chap with an experience of years almost about my age. He is really young (max 27). And sadly there doesn't exist a meter to test if he is really into me or not. given how he treats me and expressed his "interests", I really think that he is into me.

• Right? Fake ass story ahah.
      Typical timeline is graduate college at 22, graduate medical school at 26, finish internship and residency around 30ish -- and only then do you become a "physician".

But I like how 95% of everyone else on this thread just bought the whole story, wholesale. Smh.

• Break up with him now, and spare him the heartache, because you clearly aren't ready for a serious relationship if a third party expressing interest is going to make you consider breaking up a perfectly good relationship.

• Also, I know young people tend to have this flakey, "what am I missing?" attitude towards many things, including relationships—I know I used to be there—and it's difficult to get past.

I think you should, maybe, take some time for yourself. End the relationship, maybe see other people, learn and grow.

That said, it's telling that you only mentioned physical traits in your question.

• This is why most guys don't bother with relationships, missed opportunities unless we deal with breakup drama or cheat and then deal with that. Obviously if you are even thinking about it go ahead and dump him, the relationship is doomed most likely anyway so go ahead and trade up for the new model. Just don't whine and complain when the same is done to you. Better still don't do relationships at all and just casually fuck him or make a friends with benefits out of it.

• It depends on much you love your boyfriend. You know relationships with physicians can often turn sour. Not saying yours will but it's happened.

• fuck with both of them and have a good time

• your doctor, who examines you and knows WAY too much about you, wants to date you? creepy. he should get fired for that.

and if the medical board finds out he will.

I also clicked the wrong opinion.

• why would the medical board have anything to do with a physician's personal life? It's not that am just a random hookup for him. he seems genuine and really considerate. He also seems mature enough to understand that I won't be breaking up with my boyfriend just for a one night stand with him (the doctor), obviously am thinking about a relationship with the physician. I don't understand why medical board would have any say in a physician's dating life.

• If you started dating, you'd need to get a new doctor. It's a conflict of interest.

It's like asking why you shouldn't date your college professor.

• if I could bag a dr I'd regret not taking the gravy train every time I burnt a rod or swung a hammer

• Do your boyfriend a favor and dump him.

• It's illegal to have relations with a your patient...

• honestly, whatever.

• Like it or not, by law doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, lawyers and similar professions are not allowed to date clients /patients until a certain time has passed

• if the Doctor is only 26, he is probably only a Resident and not making very much money yet.

Wait a couple years to leave your boyfriend, to pursue the doctor when he has money or find like a 30 year old doctor who is making money

• Stay with your man

• she is a fucking slut and ur all fucking morons to not point that out. of course break up with ur boyfriend, he can waste that money on getting sex from hookers than an ugly shallow piece of shit like u

• Typical woman grass is always greener

• don't judge. If you got an opinion, voice it but I don't need any of your judgements

• He is kind of right tho. I mean its not a bad thing u know. lol

• @lazy_succubus its actually the main problem with relationships these days. No one is loyal it's just a big hookup sespool.

What Girls Said 15

• Not sure why either of their appearances matter, but whatever. I doubt your physician is into you. Unless he specifically said he is interested, I wouldn't think much of anything. People in healthcare have to touch their parents and be comfortable with personal touch. However, I think you are bored in your relationship and need an excuse to leave your boyfriend so do it, so he can get someone better.

• Really? So whenever other guys expresses interest in you are you going to jump ship and leave a good relationship? What happens when another guy likes you? Are you going to leave the physician? Don't sacrifice a good relationship that you had since high school cause now a days that is rare, just because another man shows you the slightest attention. Ever heard the saying 'the grass ain't always greener on the other side"? It might not work out with Mr. 26 6'3 blonde, green eyes them what you are you going to do? You won't have have him and you won't have a boyfriend either.

• And yes, I think you should break up with your boyfriend. If you have to ask, thinking about it.. then it's clear you want out.

• I don't know about that too... I don't think I can confront him. I literally have no idea how all of this is gonna play out

• It seems the only reason you are considering breaking up with him is because your physician expressed interest in you. You are young and you realize you have more options than just him, I get that but what are you putting at risk. I don't think it would be fair to your boyfriend to drag on a relationship until you meet a more attractive guy. The majority of your question was about the physical appearance of these guys you didn't mention personality, history or feelings just the appearance.

• If you are even considering dating someone else, then you don't completely care about the man you are already dating. You need to decide if it is worth throwing away a relationship that is going well just for some guy who has expressed interest in you.

• You sound shallow as fuck. Hope your boyfriend breaks up with you because you clearly don't deserve him.

• If you don't want to be with him then don't drag him along just let him go. I think you just need to think about whether or not everything you have with this guy is worth losing just because some guy "expressed interest" in you. If so go for it. If not let the physician know you're not interested and focus on your current relationship and making that stronger.

• thank you. one of the few comments where a genuine opinion has been expressed rather than hating on me or judging me

• You asked why the medical board would care - well you're a patient at their practice. Your care and wellbeing is their No.1 priority. If you were to start dating one of their staff it would be a conflict of interest. He might start prioritising you over other patients if you get sick, he also might misdiagnose you, give you wrong treatment because he's angry or upset; you're not sure he knows how to separate professional from personal or control his emotions well enough to not do something like that.

It's the same way lecturers can't date their students and psychiatrists can't date their patients. They have the ability/power to impact that person and their lives in whatever way they see fit.

• Now I'm not saying don't go for it I'm just saying think it through for the both of you. Because if he's a genuine as you say he is maybe he hasn't. Sit down and talk to him about this bring it up and see what he says, if you're both on the same page and you decide to go for it then the best of luck to the both of you and your (will be) ex. If not then you know and you can decide what to do.

• Why does either of your appearances matter in this situation?

• The option of dating your doc shouldn't come into the decision of breaking up with your boyfriend. Breaking up should be based on the relationship allowen. what will you be giving up? are you now happy anymore?

• I'm curious tho why did you name their features? And why did you left yours out? I mean if you were already busy talking about features

• Shallow much? Who do you really care about? Who do you really love for the person they are? Heck, your boyfriend deserves better than you, so do him a favour and leave him

• the doctor wanna just to fuck you. so, it's up to you.

• he seems genuine in his feelings. he is really nice and generous. I don't think he is just looking for a hookup

• Always go with the better man, if you're gonna get married, ruin your body and life for a man, make sure he's worth it. It's called being smart, not shallow.

• Good guys are hard to find. Your pysican doesn't sound like a good guy.

• why doesn't he? He is really nice. You don't know him well enough to assume something about him

• If he knows your taken and doesn't care that makes him of questionable moral integrity. He's also your doctor so its sleazy in my opinion for doctor's to be picking up their patients. Perhaps you are unworthy of your boyfriend if all it takes is a taller more successful guy to contemplate throwing him over.

• Auburn hair for the win

• The hair colour sure, is one of his redeeming qualities.

• Lol sorry I'm biased but I don't think you should leave him behind for a doctor that might be doing what he's doing to other girls too. Like what if you're not the only one?

Is the doctor only "better" to you because of his job title if so that's not a good measure to go off of. Go on a date or get to know him better outside of his place of employment. Then make your choice

• Ditch the boyfriend as you are over him.
    Ditch the physician because he's done this before and just wants to tick it off his list.
    You win because you are not in love with you boyfriend anymore and the physician is just opening the door to the next phase of life.