Should I hookup with my bf's best friend?

I love my boyfriend and our relationship is going really well. lately his friend has been making advances towards me. He is tall (6'1") muscular and overall, really attractive. Is it bad that I am having an urge to have a sexual experience with him?

• It is perfectly fine and I should hookup with him
  • I should suppress my urges and continue with the relationship
  • I should break up with my current boyfriend to be with his best friend
    Vote C
  • I should just confront my boyfriend
    Vote D

1330

Most Helpful Guy

• what's going on in your current relationship? is your boyfriend not giving you the attention and expressing your worth to you? dont be louered into a guy who simply wants to get in your pants because showing you attention is what he uses to get to you and him being attractive makes it that much easier. tell you boyfriend you need him to express your worth to you because your drifting to another man. *yes tell him this*. keep in mind this guy is your boyfriend best friend and may be manipulating you doing his boyfriend a favor. address this with you boyfriend. if your boyfriend stays friends with the guy who's leading you on its your boyfriend who's organizing this

• if he's not showing you your worth it maybe because he doesn't pay attention to the things you do for him. in this case verbally remind him. but also you yourself are not exactly a person of value to him and you cheating on him will just do him the favor of getting you out of his life

• so look deep into yourself weather its you reminding him or finding ways to self improve yourself to become a person worthy of being valued

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that you even have sexual urges towards another man means you don't love your boyfriend because when you love someone you don't go off doing stuff with others let alone think of it. Please break up with that guy before tearing his heart even more.

What Guys Said 29

• Sometimes I get the feeling GaG just asks questions for the sake of site traffic lol. This one is too cliche and too overdone tbh.

• to have a Rich deep fulfilling relationship has 100% open honesty with each other. yes it's normal to get sexual urges and attracted to other people but having a one night stand is cheating. unless you have already talked and both of you are ok in an open relationship, if you have not talked aboit this then you are breaking the confines of the relationship, would you honestly be ok if he went out and had a one night stand? either way your best options are to leave him and move on, or if you want to still be with him then honesty is what you have to do.
    a lot of people forget and get to comfortable in a LTR and don't try as much and take the small things for granted. so you grow apart, but if you both put in the effort for each other the love will be there as strong as day one.
    also be careful here eh, I have seen a situation were a guy got his friend to try and sleep with his wife. (he wanted to see if she was faithful) either way to me it seems like your husband knows what's happening or that this friend of his is really just an ass hole who has no respect for people (including you in that statement too eh).. if he did have an ounce of decency and respect he wouldn't be trying to destroy his friends marriage/life for a night of sex.

• This just honestly makes me feel terrible reading it.

• seriously tho, if you got an opinion express it but stop hating on me.

• I get my share , I just value my girlfriend way too much to brag about it or cheat on her

• "Technically I'm still in a relationship with him" You won't be for long. I hope he wises up. Poor guy.

• PLEASE BREAK UP
    you bout friend clearly doesn't deserve you. you are so way out of his league.
    you deserve an attractive man that sexually attracts you and has extremely high morals where his best friends girl is totally okay to make advances at.

live like a Bree bird
    have the best sex of your life and keep climbing up trying to find a sexually more satisfying man.

• There is never an excuse to cheat. If you are having issues in your relationship talk to your boyfriend. Urges mean nothing, acting on them... I have had plenty of urges, but I have never acted on them. I have been cheated on, I won't do that to anyone, nor would I advise anyone to do it.

• It's not cheating, dah! It's just a one night stand with no strings attached, no emotions nothing else. why is it so hard for people to understand?

• Are you freaking serious? It is definitely cheating. If it wasn't, then why not ask your boyfriend for permission? Why not tell him upfront "hey im gunna go do this later today see ya tomorrow"? Because most likely, he wouldn't be okay with it. So if you do it behind his back, you're hiding and being secretive, hence CHEATING. Tell him if you feel that way, see what he thinks, maybe he will let it slide. Dont do it behind his back. And dont tell yourself its a one time thing and that its totally okay to lie to him.

• You wanted people to tell you it was ok. Most people are telling you it isn't, but rather then listening to people are tellin you in their attempt to help you is that they are judging and hating on you. Pepole who tell you to slut yourself out you thank them for real advise. Maybe you should think about the fact that most people have an issue with it. Logically it is a bad idea, emotionally it is a bad idea, healthwise it can be a bad idea. But that is your choice. No one is going to live your life for you. But if you don't want people's opinions don't ask, but once you ask (and you posted the question and asked) you do not have the right to get offended by the opinions given to you, because you asked for them.

• Wow. You're really having trouble with the whole concept of decency and right and wrong.

• Of course. Women can't understand those. They only understand what they FEEL will benefit them the most *at this particular moment*.

And there are STILL people that think I'm wrong when I say women are incapable of loyalty... SMH...

• You seem to be checking out other options and seriously considering sleeping with this guy's best friend... Your relationship sounds doomed. Definitely break up with him whether you proceed to jumping into bed with the friend or not.

• "No, don't do it!" Or whatever the fuck you're here to read. No one gives a fuck about your emotions and impulses.

• you wana do it... its obvious after going through all the opinions... why ask people then? its no point asking what other people think about it... u wana do it... then u will anyways... yes it can be tempting and trust me it will b thrilling n fantastic... bt think about it befre u make any advnc for it... n hope u deal wth it later on.. make sure tht guy does nt play on u... tc

• Well, if your boyfriend is ok with it go for it. If not dump him first and then fuck his friend. Now you know why guys generally hate commitment. You never know when opportunities will present themselves and if you are in a relationship it puts you in a pickle that usually ends in unneeded drama one way or another (the eventful breakup or cheating and then getting busted or having to lie about it).

• Finally, someone offering some real advice instead on hating on me

• Yeah I'm more logical than emotional. The haters probably got cheated on in a similar situation and are mentally putting you in their exes place.

• What could possibly go wrong? And if something did go wrong, it's not like you are risking anything worthwhile, right? Why not ask your boyfriend for advice?

• You do you boo, but all actions have repercussions

• Hypergamy and solipsism on full unabashed display. Unfukkinbelievable.

• got some real advice? if not, then get your uncalled for judgmental opinions to yourself.

• It's no surprise, man. They are ALL like this. Hypergamy and solipsism are *features*, not bugs.

The only surprising part is, with female nature on display in such overt ways nowadays, there are STILL fools that try to deny it, and there are STILL idiots that not only get into relationshits, they wife a bitch up! Dafuk? SMH... simps gonna simp... fools never learn...

• It's real advise honey, you just don't like it. And you can't dictate how your questions get answered - doesn't work that way.
      Quit being a slut and go find a guy actually worth investing your time and emotion into. Don't be fucking your boyfriends friends.

• Urges are common, but why would cheating regardless of how attractive they are be okay?

• You should break up with your boyfriend before you do anything with another guy because it's pretty shitty to go behind his back and cheat

• A random hookup isn't cheating. like come-on?

• a random hookup is definitely cheating if you consider yourself in a 1 on 1 relationship

• best of luck ! go for it.

• go, be a slut

• That's what I think too

• Talk to your boyfriend about it.

• How do you not realize this makes you a disgusting person?

• you don't know me well enough to label me as anything. if you have a nice fruitful advice for me then go on. if not, then try to keep your uncalled for stupid-ass judgements to yourself. hating propel just for the sake of hating them is not a good thing.

• I know enough that to willfully consider cheating on your boyfriend, makes you a disgusting person.
      Don't flatter yourself with this "hating" nonsense. I don't hate you. Just stating a fact about your nature.

• Yeah you fucking whore!! Lmao

• woah!! you are so rude and inappropriate. this type of language, that you are using, sheds more light on your character than it does on mine.

• yeah it does... shows what kind of a beast you are.

• Thanks i am a beast 😘

• it's normal and up to you what you do. not gonna judge you

• the grass is always greener

• Would you like that your boyfriend does the same thing with your best friend (girl)?

• Never cheat. Either leave him or stay loyal, and if you do leave him consider his feelings before going anywhere near his best friend.

• yes ! go for it. don't waste time to do a noble cause

• wait what? are you retarded?

• I just gave my opinion

• and also if you have an urge to make sex with him in spite of having boyfriend. you seems to be a retard person

• which one makes you more happier? and which one are you more comfortable around.

• is this your level? where did you grew up?

• wait what? first of all, your questions sounds dumb and way too judgmental. why does it matter where I grew up? are you gonna say that just because I grew up in a first world nation (which I assume, you didn't since "where DID you GREW up" is certainly not grammatically correct ) I have no morals or whatsoever. stop judging and hating on me, offer some real meaningful advice and no bullshit. if you got nothing good to say, then say nothing at all.

• firstly; don't go to grammaticals, I talking about your question. secondly; I don't hate you, I hate what you are going to do.
      if what I said is bullshit; why do you blame me!!!

• You should make sure your boyfriend knows when you cheat on him. I hope he is a very jealous and violent person too.

• end things with your boyfriend

What Girls Said 12

• Don't cheat. That's the epitome of trashiness. Also, you say your relationship is going well - are you willing to completely throw that away because you have a passing fancy? Girl. Poor decisions.

• Is this the same girl who wants to do her sister's boyfriend? Lol leave your boyfriend, he deserves better.

• I dont care what you do. But your boyfriend needs to evaluate his choices in girlfirenda and best friends because frankly, they suck.

• at least it's not me who is being rude and inappropriate. Stop evaluating whether other people suck or not when you need to introspect yourself

• I said his choices suck not you or his best friend. But since you felt the shoe fit..

• How's about ya just... don't be a hoe?

Not trying to be rude but if you're in a monogamous relationship a guy's friend being hot doesn't make it justifiable to try and fuck him. If you wanna fuck whatever you see then be single.

• Don't do It.

• You're a fuckwit.

• The grass ain't always greener on the other side. If you do they just going to talk shit about how they both hit it. It will also tell them how you could easily be taken, no offence.

• this is not going to work out well. somebody is going to get hurt. And cheating is not okay ever

• You seem like quite an immature selfish person. Break up with your boyfriend because he deserves better. Rather than someone who will so willingly cheat on him and doesn't see a hook up as cheating. End it now and let him go find someone who will be faithful to him and then you can have all the meaningless sex you want without hurting anyone.

• hahahahahahaha if you want to fuck him do it in front of your boyfriend

• what a disgusting person you are. If you dont love him then just dump him. Stop trying to prove hooking up isn't cheating when you clearly know it is. Stop trying to get action on both sides.

• you dont really love him if u did u wouldn't have thoughts about cheating on him ur thinking about about ur own pleasure rather thn being an adult tlking to ur boyfriend about it and considering how much pain tht would cause him

• I actually have this poll option - if I should just confront my boyfriend. maybe I should just talk to him about the matter and let it go