Do you think it's okay for a 16 girl and a 19 guy (soon 20) years old to date?

• It's disgusting / pedophile
  • It's okay.
  • It depends.
    Vote C

617

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who is 20, the amount of personal growth and maturity I've gained over those 4 years is astounding. A 16 year old is so young compared to me, and if I were to date one, it'd be so damn creepy, because there's so much room for me to take advantage of someone just due to the ability to manipulate someone that is still in so many ways a kid. And I'm not being high and mighty, I'm just thinking of how stupid I was back then. Back then I was pressured into my first sex act, and it was the shittiest experience in my life. And it was so easy to do too. Imagine if I used that, and did that to someone that age just because I know how it works. Maybe I didn't do it on purpose, or thought it was okay to do it because it happened to me. No. It's fucked up. It's illegal for a reason.

• It's not illegal where I live. I get your point. The most 16 years old aren't mature enough. They could get manipulated.

In this case here luckily she isn't being manipulated.

• The girl doesn't like him because he's got a job/money or because he's mature. She likes him because she went through a very rough time and he was there for her.

• Then he's a nice guy. Keep him as a friend and hopefully he'll still be there for her in the future. When both are on a similar level of maturity, say when both are past 21 and done with higher education and they still want to be together, then go for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I married a 22 year old guy when I was 16. I honestly don't see a big deal with these two dating.

What Guys Said 16

• its legal in austria isn't it? so wheres the problem? not really a huge age gap anyway

• once out of highschool a person is forced to grow up a bit and face real world problems. someone that goes for 16 year olds has some type of issue. it could be immaturity or it could be a bit more malicious (finding a girl that's easy to intimidate and control)

• Too big a difference

• it depends but it's generally okay. Pedophile accusations would be ridiculous in this situation

• what is pedophile?

• I don't think its immoral but 18 is the legal threshold and he shouldn't risk jail over a girl.

• It's legal here

• it is in a lot of places but you can get in a ton of trouble in most states. even if its wrong anf illegal I dont think it should. carry the sex offender label

• Why not? I'd do a 16yo if she was hot and I'm 101. Just make sure she can keep a secret.

• Where I live (UK) the age of consent is 16, so from my perspective I don't see any problem.

• Yeah it's okay

• Nein

• Nope.

• hell yeah its love after all who cares about the age

• as long as he is capable of boner and you are capable of take all inside inc balls

• He is too young to have a lasting relationship most likely. She should wait then find someone 27 + years old.

• 16 is legal so i dont see a problem.

• depends if 16 is the legal age of consent

What Girls Said 5

• Since in some countries that is enough to be considered statutory rape... simply due to the fact that one person in question is under the age of 18.

3/4 years is not that much of a difference later in life, but when it comes to the legal system right around the age of 18 those years can be the difference between jail and a life of freedom.

• I did when I was 16. Lasted a while and then college got in the way because it was long distance.

• I think it's ok, it's only 4 years apart.

• İt isn't Okay

• It's okay I guess as long as the 16 year is mature enough to handle a relationship