Am I doing the right thing in walking away?

I fell for my best friend's older brother - cliche I know - we were together for 18 months and during these months I have the reason to suspect he cheated. He would also ignore me for days on end if I did something that he didn't like and would believe that everything that went wrong was my fault?

every time I didn't do something he liked he would tell me he didn't love me - then go spend a whole day with his ex girlfriend - then message me the next day telling me he does love me and that he is so "fucking sorry".

Well I recently went on holiday and he done this exact thing 12 hours before I was meant to fly to Spain. The next day when I woke up in Spain I had that apology text, but whilst still on holiday he became very very cold towards me again. His. Attitude changes towards me whenever I leave our home town to go on holiday with family or friends - one minute he wants me and the next he doesn't!

However, when this happened in Spain I felt something snap inside of me and I decided I didn't want to be put through anymore games of is. So I asked him nicely to stop the games because truthfully he has been playing with my head and my heart - this made him snap and since then I haven't heard from him.

I, myself am keeping myself occupied since coming home by working to stop myself thinking about what has happened. But a part of me misses him...

Have I done the right thing in walking away?

12

What Guys Said 2

• you couldn't have done anything better than this, let me put it this way.
    you finally stood up for yourself, putting your foot down about not letting him play with your mind and heart anymore,
    I respect you for that, really.

just dont let yourself feel down, dont feel alone, we all got your back 😊

• Thank you so much. You don't understand how comforting it is to hear someone say thatπŸ˜‚

• But I do need to thank you, your opinion is helping me reassure myself that I have done the right thing in walking away from him. The only hard part is that him and my best friend look so similar πŸ˜‚ but that's just a thing I need to live with x

• if you are successful slayed the dragon , then fighting off lizards is a piece of cake for you

• My best friends brother is the one for me. And I want you and I need you and just can't get you out of my mind. lol

What Girls Said 1

• You didn't do anything wrong darlin.
    You stood up for yourself and put your foot down with his games, and he didn't like it. Shows him he can't control you anymore the way he likes.
    He's immature with the way he's acts. Ignoring you for days, spending time with an ex girlfriend? That's childish. You deserve better.

• Thank you ever so much.
      All my friends agree that I have done the right thing, but they all never liked him and have just told me that they could see it coming. So hearing it from others who don't really know me or him - it's comforting and reassuring x