How to stop being angry at an ex?

We had been in a relationship for 6 years, engaged and living together. He had been cheating on me with my best friend for months. I found out on my birthday. I promptly moved out and broke up with him. That was months ago. I'm still furious and I just want these negative emotions to go away. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am in a house full of quite angry people and I myself am prone to anger. I just learn to embrace the moment I'm in, so if he isn't causing trouble now, then your anger Is unfounded and can be let go.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be glad that it's over, imagine y'all were married already and had a kid? what a waist of money and time.
    Let it go, be grateful for the beautiful moments, accept the fact that he is a pig and he is no longer fooling you and betraying you. Be glad that you found out and enjoy your time single. Go out with your friends and have fun. Don't waist your time and energy thinking about him it's over, it's in the past
    good luck girl

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 4

• Challenge the rationale behind these negative emotions.
    What do you hope to gain by holding onto this anger over actions of his that were undoubtedly douchey and not in any way acceptable, but still in the past?

• I would be furious if I was in your position.
    Let yourself be angry.

• forget him..

• are you still talking to him?