My ex broke up with me. How can I win him back?

Does anyone have any success stories for how they won their ex boyfriend back? I still really love him, and he says he wants to remain friends as he isn't really ready to be in a relationship right now. If I'm being honest about the "break-up" I had an emotional episode where I was very needy and desperate, but I have since apologized and done so sincerely. How can I make want me back/be in a relationship with me?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• you can't, just let things go

because every attempt that you make at even talking at him is gonna add to things that he thinks are proofs of neediness.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him how you feel. Tell him when he's ready to date again you're right there waiting for him. Also if you're up for it, do more things together such as travel, write him cute little notes letting him know you love him. As friends show him how much you enjoy being around him.

What Guys Said 1

• do what you haven't done

What Girls Said 4

• I think you should let both of yourselves rest first. It seems like time has to mend whatever tears and stretches your relationship has. If you guys still feel the same for each other and are at a better state after, let's say months or years after but no specific given time, then have another go at the relationship. But if it's obvious that you guys won't get back together anymore then find someone else. There's no use hanging onto someone who's done with you; don't torture yourself.

• if he isn't ready i'd say hold off on trying to get him back. be his friend first, and when he's ready, and if he still loves you, you guys can get back together.

• Don't let a man he doesn't want you twice

• I think your best bet is to wait it out. Enjoy being single for a while, make time to do stuff with your friends and for yourself. If you can have great time without him and learn to be more independent then perhaps in time he'll come back round and when he does you'll be an even more confidant person. Don't waste your time trying to get him back, live your life however you please and if he wants to come back he will.