Age gap in relationships?

my ex and I were 8 years apart. we dated for a year and everything was absolutely perfect. we fought just like every other couple and had our moments but we were strong. he broke up with me due to the age gap but it hurts me so much that something I can't change tore us apart. I love him so much. we're still really good friends and he says he's over me and maybe it will work again in the future but that doesn't change how much it pains me everyday to not call him mine.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Women mature earlier than men, so it is preferable that in a couple the man should be older than women

• They physically do, I think they mentally don't

• Oh they also mentally mature, otherwise how did your mother bring you up?

• Well she didn't mature with age but with the responsability of raising its kids haha

The funny thing is that women nowadays don't seem too interested in having babies

Most Helpful Girl

• if you're actually 16, girly you are still a minor. he probably just doesn't want to get in trouble with the law. there's a a big maturity gap. people are not the same person they are at age 16 to when they are 24

What Guys Said 5

• I don't care about age Gap as long as your 18 and above

• It's very hard I know... but in my opinion this gap in age should be fine actually I prefer to be with a gilr younger than me I can be younger and she can be stronger and wiser

• It's fine lol u damn follow me if u want

• my last one was 14 yes difference age really doesn't make the relationship any different

• I definitely agree! but why'd he leave then?

• from past experience, I would say he found someone else and used age difference as an excuse! I prefer younger women because I enjoy showing and teaching them things that guys their age don't know about lol, experience counts a whole lot!!

• Not a big issue, love between two is not numbers, it's feelings

What Girls Said 2

• then you need to stop communicating with him. It's only going to cause you more pain.

• Yea that's expected because he could be called things if it progressed and doesn't want any trouble.