Have you ever felt liberated after a break up?

Whether you were the one breaking up, or the one getting dumped, have you ever felt happy and free after it's over, or have you always felt sad and depressed?

• Yes, instantly after the break up
  • Yes, but months after
  • No, it has always been sad
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
  • I've never had a relationship
    Vote E

35

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex broke up with me.. After the initial shock, anger, heartbreak etc I relised he won't change for this new girl.. He will always be ignorant & simple. So now he's somebody else's problem now. His true colours shone through & wouldn't take him back if he was the last man on earth.. But it took months x

Most Helpful Guy

• Well yeah.
    It was one of those really irrational situations where she just wasn't emotionally healthy for me, but I still chased the hope that it would work out because.. I don't know. Once again, I was stupid.

So after that whole thing was done and over with, I felt free as a bird.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, but not until I was fully over the person and gained enough objectivity to realize that they actually weren't right for me in the first place. In my case, that took me over a year (for a three year relationship).

• Yes!

What Guys Said 4

• Yep. It was like escaping from prison. Now I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, save money and not have to stress over anything.

• with my ex.. it was like I was coming out of a fog of a nightmare that was worse than anything Stephen king could come up with.

• It has taken a couple weeks to feel sad but it was a bad relationship so.