How to feel comfortable just being single?

I've recently broken up with my boyfriend of almost two years, and to be honest the relationship was lengthened by the fact that I simply liked having a boyfriend. Someone to keep me company and to cuddle with. Quickly after I broke up with him I started seeing someone else, who to be honest was mainly just a replacement for him because it didn't feel natural with him and if I'm honest I found him a little annoying. That's now ended and I just need to know how to be single.

I just seem to spend all my time doing nothing, I don't have any hobbies and I'm currently unemployed because I'm going to university in September. How do I begin the steps of being ok alone?

121

Most Helpful Guy

• Accept the relationship is over.

Try to respect him but if he shows no respect, don't talk to him at all.

Being single, you can learn about yourself, what you want in a future relationship.

You can watch more movies. You are stress free, you can spend time with your family and friends.

You can concentrate on everything you have, you are the same age as me. You can Learn how to drive, find a job, you can go out for small walks and spend time with positive people.

Don't ever seem easy for a guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• see good sides

What Guys Said 20

• first of all welcome to 'getting to know yourself phase'

find friends over the internet to keep you company
    find people who don't look at it as anything beyond platonic
    get to know them
    do things that you love
    treat yourself like a princess, just don't be alone for at least a while

if you need any help, feel free to drop by 😊

• Awww this was actually such a nice reply that it made me smile. Thank you :)

• it makes a man's day, when he hears that he made someone smile ✌
      always a pleasure

• Join a group of people working on something you are really interested in.

Just as an example, the women's center at my former university is working on issues of sex slavery. Obviously, there are many other choices. All that is volunteers, you have the time now, so...

You'll learn and meet interesting people maybe eventually a new guy that you are truly compatible with.

• Put your mind into other things. Maybe start an album collection of your favorite artists. Start a superhero movies marathon. Here's the complete list of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in perfect order:

Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    Avengers: Age Of Ultron
    Ant-Man
    Captain America: Civil War
    Doctor Strange
    Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2

Spend time typing useless stuff like I just did πŸ˜‚. But yeah, watch the movies if you haven't already and take them seriously. I hope you're getting my point, be silly and stop caring about any relationships except your family and old friendships. 😁😁

• https://youtu.be/0waMV_4Fc9s

Look at life and love like this:
    Once you work on yourself, you can work on you guys together (whoever you have as partner)

• learn from me
    single from birth πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    make yourself better in studies, health, presentation and much more stuff that would help in your future
    learn languages
    and find something you can feel yourself
    I found the most calm place for me was learning and listening to good music and songs
    engage in sports and gym
    read and write something about yourself, or other inspiration stuff
    there are so many good movies and TV shows to watch

• Enjoy learning about yourself and not being dependent on what you want to do with someone. If you want to go to a new show or something exciting go and do it. Also realize don't ever get in the situations you were before as that is just a waste of time dating wise. Learn some new hobbies and meet some new friends!

• Find a hobby. Its all about trial and error until you find something you love.

• enjoy being single. You don't have to shave, you can wear sweats, and your not worrying about how to impress the guy. just read up on what your going to school for and find a new hobby.

• Play some Games!

• Shit I was just the opposite after my divorce. I ran out of hours in a day but totally different then yours. I was working 10 hours a day to support her and our daughter but, once it was over, I went to 12 hour days.

• jump headlong into project after project after project. be them hobbies, improving yourself, getting fit, or finally taking that oil painting class, just find things to distract you from the void that exists on the edge of perception.

• Find a hobby and get really good at it. Spend time talking to your friends (unfortunately i have none *sniff*). But just be you.

• I don't think to be single is a good idea cause you need someone in you life...
    get in a relationship...
    but if you don't want one just live like guys...
    in India many guys are single whole life... and they die virgin...

• thank you for portraying Indian men in such a positive light and being an example of knowing exactly where what should be spoken

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Dont listen to people. Do what makes you happy. Eventually you will be in a relationship, have a family & even possibly have kids. enjoy your single life lol 😊

• get a fuckbuddy or a friend with benefits

• First of all you need to find a hobby ASAP πŸ˜‚
    Then tell me and I'll try to help

• Buy a dog or a motorcycle

• The same way when you were single before him

• you need to discover yourself, find out what you like to do, find new hobbies, take time to focus on yourself and build a better life around you and not someone else, that's what I've done and I'm as ok as I can be with being single

• you have to search for hobbys how come that you don't have hobbys?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!