Drinking every night, am I an alcoholic?

A recent break up from a 4 year relationship has left me drinking most, if not every night now. I function fine at work and socially still but just find being alone difficult. At what point am I becoming over reliant on the alcohol?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems more likely that you're just drinking because you're depressed. It also depends how much are you drinking each night, and how long you have been doing that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you are already. Breakups are never easy, being alone can suck, specially after a 4 year relationship, I think you should look for help, start with friends and family, go out with them, spend time with them, help them in any way you can, doing this you will help yourself, and you rely less and less on alcohol.

What Girls Said 2

• You're almost there if it's every night.. the more you drink your liver will get used to it and you'll crave more.. you need to become more proactive in your life and be round many people because loneliness does kill

• I'd say when you're actually dependent on alcohol to get you through the day, you're an alcoholic

What Guys Said 1

• technically, drinking more then once a week is enough to be considered an alcoholic sooooooo lol