Why is he trying to be my friend?

So me and my ex are divorced and have 2 kids. I haven't heard from him or seen him in 2 years. Now all of a sudden he wants to see the kids and be beat of friends.. sharing old jokes and wanting us all to get t together. His girlfriend is even texting me asking if the kids need anything? What the he'll is going on?
Mind you he could have contacted me or the kids at anytime.. now he wants us to be friends.
What the actual fuck?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Is the girlfriend new? If so she's probably pressuring him to be in kids life and that he should be on good terms with you as their mother and is trying to do the same.

From my experience as a single dad, she could also be looking for an instant family from him, not necessarily be looking for him to take custody, but to feel like she's got kids, at least part time, without having to give birth herself. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I've had to screen out a few of them in the dating scene.

• She's the newest one but he's been with her for almost 2 years now. Maybe his last girlfriend was like that, I don't know all I know is they are both trying to act like we are all best friends and it's like wtf... we haven't heard from you in over 2 years you don't just kool-aid man in back into people lives thinking that everything is all good because you had time to live your life and now are ready to be a dad. Smh

• Tell me about it. I've been a single custodial parent for 7 years and she up and filed for custody the second she got pregnant with her current boyfriend. First off, I don't get how any parent could be uninterested in being in their child's life for any period of time. Second how the hell do you expect us to be comfortable with you suddenly being a part of their lives and being involved in making decisions that affect them now that you've suddenly regained an interest? It's ridiculous and if it weren't for the fact that I've experienced it first hand I'd probably think others were exaggerating that this shit actually happens.

• Right!!! This shit is crazy!!! Smh

What Guys Said 3

• it's ur children's daddie. it probably isn't about you. but completely about the children. the easiest way to get to them is through becoming friends with you. just follow your guts on this but don't be like one of those girls who keeps their children from getting to know their father ;).

• That's the thing I have always tried to have him in the kids life! He just wasn't about it. And I have no problem with him seeing or taking the kids but I don't want any part of it. I'd rather go do my own thing while he plays daddy. He seems to think we need to do stuff all together for some reason. I'd just rather not. I had 3 years of doing it on my own he can do it for a weekend

• yh it's ur choice if you don't wanna be a part of it. and your right but some times it takes time. just create the best out of the situation ;).

• He wants to keep seeing his kids it sounds like

• make him friend and find out maybe he just want his kids to think that he is a walkout

What Girls Said 0