How to trust? I'm driving myself insane?

I have such a horrible inability to trust. I don't trust the guys I date and it drives me and my lover insane. I hate that I am so insecure and jealous and unable to accept and give love fully.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Realise that not all people deserve the same level of trust. There are people you can't trust at all, where there are others you can fully trust.

The problem is that you are treating all people as if they all were the same.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take some time off from dating and dedicate most of your spare time and energy towards working you things like your self confidence, finding a hobby you're really passionate about, etc.. Once things like that see a bit of improvement, you'll find it easier to get back into dating without putting all your cards on the table (an analogy I use to describe dating without getting too emotionally invested too soon).

What Guys Said 2

• Why don't you trust people? Has there been many guys that's done you wrong? Have you been cheated on?

• I had an ex who was emotionally and physically abusive, and would always find ways to pin me up against other girls. He used to ask a bunch of girls to hangout over text, and he'd flirt with some of them. I found out after we broke up he tried to make out with my friend. I've also had a few guys after him pretend they wanted something more from me, but were only interested in having sex.

My current boyfriend hasn't cheated on me (as far as I know) and I feel so badly I can't trust him and think negatively of him.

• Sorry to hear about your experiences, I'm not sure what can help you with your insecurities other than time and learning to trust your boyfriend little by little.

• Trust takes time. You more you talk to someone, the more you could open up to them.

• I have been dating the same guy for nearly a year :/ I still have a hard time trusting him.

• Which is fine, you should be patient and slowly try to trust each other more. Following the gut feeling is good.

What Girls Said 1

• People who have trust issues, generally then are distrustful to other people as well