I just found out that my boyfriend has been cheating since the beginning of the relationship. What should I do to get over this?

I've never been cheated on before so I have no idea what to do. I honestly thought he was the one. Now I'm feeling so alone bc he was like my best friend too. I don't know what to do. Any advice would help

The relationship ended today by the way and I don't plan on going back to him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Get your girlfriends over, pamper yourself, have a good cry if you need it.. get dressed up, look as hot as you can and go out and have a great night! keep living dont let this lower your confidence

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. You must remember that his cheating is not a reflection of you AT ALL. It directly reflects on his personal issues.

2. Don't try to understand why he did it. You can't understand crazy people.

3. Completely walk away. Don't try to talk to him about it and certainly don't let him woo you back into his web of lies. Once he made the decision over and over again to cheat, he never cared. He was basically saying that he doesn't respect you or the relationship and ultimately he was putting you at risk for STD's and that is some pretty big betrayal.

4. Let out the anger and hurt from this. Talk about it. Cry about it. Journal about it and see a counselor if you need to.

5. Remember that you WILL get better. This pain will only last as long as you let it. Keep reminding yourself of your WORTH and that you want to be with someone who sees you as a million dollar bill and not a penny. You don't want someone like that too be your partner because they never change.

• Lol thank you this definitely made it easier

• You're welcome. Considering I went through this last year with someone I was practically engaged to, I know exactly what you are feeling. I was over our 4.5 year relationship in about 2-3 months. It was hard work but I have been blessed with so much opportunity since and I lost 30 pounds by living at the gym to avoid being home with him.

What Guys Said 17

• Ouch, sorry to hear, you should Leave the relationship and end things with him.
    You will need time Clear your mind, take your time to see the time you are single, you can ask your female friends for some support and advice.
    Because it seems many girls do that. 😅
    You should avoid talking to him, you should always remember your worth, the respect anyone deserves as a human being and wait for the best time for yourself to ever go into a new relationship.
    Avoid jumping from one relationship to another.

• Sorry if i come off like im laughing (i am) because its just hilarious... look t your words..."never been cheated on..." (you mean never found out)
    "thought he was the one"...(omg, you gotta read my poem, people still believe in that shit? 7 billion people and you think only One is right?)

I know this is tough, i was devastated when i got ghosted (not cheated) on, and i know you probably had your assumptions, and THAT there was your problem. I can help you, but im strict, and real, and if you can't listen/do... i also enjoy watching people writhe in pain. :)

The choice is yours... someone to give you soothing words but you are still in pain (not me), or someone who will light a fire under your ass and get you going again and forget that cheating cunt (me). your choice.

• This is the only relationship I've ever been in so yeah I've never been cheated on before lol and when I say the one I mean someone I might marry and spend a majority of my life with. People still do that, I know, crazy.

• Oh no, i side with you. I still believe in that shit (stupidly) but yea, nothing wrong with that, im just saying... this is not for you. and if you want it for you, you have to take charge, which will be hard, and you won't want to do it... why? because you probably want "the man" to take charge.
      thats why i said... its easier to let it go.

• Good that your not planning on going back. You already did the right thing. Just now you need to get over him. Slowly but surely you will. Go no contact and block him. Dont see him in person at all. Leave that thirst ass in the dust and keep on trucking with your life.

• Yeah it's shit I know

But it's better not to give a Damm and erase that guy from ur head

Go to pubs and clubs for some day
    meet new people and socialize

U will be good to go 😉

• Forget about him, you need time to heal.
    Talk with your friends and family if you have to vent.
    Do things that make you happy, be it with friends or alone, things that make you forget anout everything else.
    The happier you are without him, the easier it is to move on.

• Time will heal all wounds. Just carry on and do your best. But do not contact him.

• Tell him to fuck himself if you didn't already. Im sorry for you, thats gotta hurt. Don't sit and mope by yourself. Try to be around friends. Whatever you do, don't seek him out, don't seek an explanation either, they're never what you'd have wanted.

• He needs to go,, every girl he messes around with, is also messing around is making you vulnerable,, you will get a foreign STD they haven't found a cure with..

• end it once a cheater always a cheater

• Time is medicine, he obviously has a serious problem, there are relationships that can push you to the border but cheating is never ok, move on, don't let him convince you to start back, life is to short and precioua to waste it with someone who doesn't give a f***

• go make a bukkake film go home make out with him give him the film and tell him that's what you just got home from

• Move on. That simple.

• move on without letting this affect your view of relationships and people. Keep your innocence and keep looking for the special one!

• What on earth?
    I'm so sorry.
    Time, friends, people who care about you, doing things that you care about. Let the wound heal the way it needs to, which may even include talking with him and hashing it out in the future.

• get the glockamolie and blast that bitch

• Let me take you out ill show a reel man with no bs

• I recommend getting a TV series and binge watching it so you will be thinking about those characters and not your ex. Or get some long video game if you are into that. Something that will take up most of your time for a while so you don't have to think about it.
    Also, maybe try finding someone 27+ once you are looking again. They are more likely to stay committed.
    Good luck.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm so sorry that this has happened to you dear.
    He's not your best friend, best friends wouldn't do something so awful.
    Plenty of great guys out there but for the time being just be with yourself.

• Thank you :)

• One of my first boyfriends cheated on me and I was heart broken.
      I was around your age.
      Very heart breaking but it made me realise that I dodged a bullet.
      Be sure to give your heart to someone who deserves your love.

• Was it mutual? I'm sorry, just no contact, get rid everything like picture, and just move on. Drop men for a while and focus on you.

• Take all the time you need. Time heals all wounds. Lean on family for support. I've had my heart broken before. It's tough, but it gets better. It took me a year to heal. I took some time, and I did some soul searching.

• YOU GET RID OF THAT DIRTBAG

• be more cautious I guess?

• Invest time on yourself.
    Do the things you love.
    Meet with the people who cares about you (family and friends).
    Wish you well.