Your ex is a close friend: Do ou refer to the person as an Ex or a Friend?

So I was txting a girl tonight and she mentioned that she was talking to her ex. Now this ex was once her best friend and he still is pretty close so it's not uncommon for them to communicate. Now I don't know this girl super well but it made me wonder why she called him an "Ex" instead of simply a "friend" because that is what they are. Friends. Thoughts and what would you call a close friend who is an Ex?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I would definitely call them an ex. People just assume that you're into your friends of the opposite sex, so why not save the questions and just call him an ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't call my ex an ex. To me now they're just a girl... a probably knew

What Girls Said 3

• They must have been in a relationship before... I don't understand why people want to get back to an ex like that. 😂

• Im sorry, im a little confused on the relationship before part. Could you explain that a second time. My bad haha.

• It is a just a way to say it I guess, "My ex is my close friend now..." 😂

• Lol. Whatever. I just probs would have said friend and avoided the ex thing.

• If they were a close friend thats what I would refer to them as

• Yeah that's what I though. That's why I'm confused why she's using the term Ex. I know they recently had a spat but it just makes me wonder.

• Nope. Hell no.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!